Cannot remotely start robot on VM

Hi there community,

I am relatively new to the community but have been playing (but mostly struggling) with getting our unattended robot to work. I feel like I have tried everything, but I must have forgot something. That’s why I hope someone here can guide me in the right direction.

Problem
Cannot start our unattended remotely on a VM using Orchestrator. Getting the following error message:
"Could not start executor. A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070520)

RemoteException wrapping System.Exception: Could not start executor. A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070520)"

Setup
We have a Virtual Machine in Azure with UIPath Assistant VERSIE, Studio VERSIE and a robot. We use an RDP session to connect to the VM.

Orchestrator configuration
We have a robot that logs in with the same credentials as we use to RDP into the VM.
Login to Console is switched off (but have also tried to have it enabled)
We have changed the UIPATH_SESSION_TIMEOUT to 60.
And in Windows we have allowed for remote logins.

When we are logged in to the VM and we start a process from a different machine we do get disconnected on the VM suggesting that the robot is establishing a connection. But no process is started. It has never worked before.
When we start a process from the robot machine it works perfectly.

What could we possibly be doing wrong?

Any help will be greatly appreciated as we have been struggling for this for already over a month.

Thanks!

We are using the following versions:
UIPath Assistant 20.10.2
StudioX 2020.10.2 (community license).

Is anyone willing to guide me through a solution?

Hey @OSW_Shop,

I also faced same issue lots of time, due couldn’t start executor on remote machines.
But that got resolved after closing the session/machine.

As per your message, to close opened VM, you are using disconnect option instead of that, close VM with the help of sign out option.
If we disconnect server, still session will be open at back end, so do sign out and try.

Hello NehaGore,

Thank you for your reply. I did the following:

1. VM is shutdown and deallocated in Azure

2. I start the VM

3. I sign in to UIPath Assistant by logging on to cloud.uipath.com and clicking into the orchestrator on the VM

4. Then in the UIpath assistant i go to orchestrator settings and disconnect

5. I check orchestrator → it says status “disconnected”

6. I sign out on the VM, the VM closes.

7. I stop the VM on the Azure Portal

8. I wait until it’s stopped and deallocated

9. I start VM again on the Azure Portal

10. I log in on the VM using RDP (with the same credentials as the robot uses)

11. On the VM I go to cloud.uipath.com to make UIPath assistant log in to my tenant

12. I go to Orchestrator settings in UIPath and connect the robot

13. The robot is connected and licensed according to UIpath assistant

14. On the orchestrator portal I can also see the robot is connected

15. I use another machine (not the robot machine) to start a process

16. I automatically get disconnected from the VM when the robot logs on

17. Then the process gives me back the following error message:
    "Could not start executor. A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070520)

RemoteException wrapping System.Exception: Could not start executor. A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070520"

So that didn’t work. Is this what you meant in your message or did I do something wrong?

Anyone have any other ideas?

Hi please check this post

Slightly different then just installing, but your post made me fix it. Thanks a bunch Dimitros!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.