Could not start executor. A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated

Hi everyone. Has anyone faced this issue starting a job for unattended robot from Orchestrator: "Could not start executor. A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070520)

RemoteException wrapping System.Exception: Could not start executor. A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070520)"?

Regarding robot settings I enabled “Login to console” setting it to “No” and I have set the resolution parameters. Everything was working correctly until a few days ago: the issue arose already a few days ago, but it resolved automatically within a few hours. This time, however, the problem has persisted for two days. I guess it isn’t Orchestrator related since the robot settings for unattended are correct and the robot is correctly licensed and connected. Thank you so much for any help.
Job details_Could not start executor

Was the robot installed in the machine in service mode?
I’d try reinstalling UiPath in the robot machine using the .msi installer and make sure you check service mode in the installer, otherwise this kind of issue might arise.

Hi Lucas, yes, the robot is installed in service mode. Thank you for any extra help

Ok, let’s see, I have faced issues when I logged into the VM and just disconnected or closed the remote desktop app, without properly logging out.
Perhaps trying logging into the VM with the robot user and than finding the proper Log Out option to close it might help.

Other than that, I’m out of ideas.

1 Like
  • Does this occur for EVERY job you attempt to initiate for this particular Robot/Credential and Machine? Or occasionally?
  • Verify the credentials you are providing to the Unattended Robot including the format of the username <domain>\<username> As you didn’t specify if you were using a Domain Join Machine or Domain Credential vs Local
  • Are there any warnings when you RDP into the host manually with the same credentials such as an authorized user warning, etc.

An older KB, but covers some common scenarios I would go into depending on the above and symptoms you have and steps to reproduce.