Can we create bar graphs and charts from excel data in UiPath?

Can we create bar graphs and charts in UiPath?

3 Likes

Hi @new_user

You can create bar graphs and charts in excel using the data through uipath. You can use excel related activities to get the data prepared in excel sheets. Then you can use short cut keys though not key activities to navigate to charts option in excel and create graphs.

I have done this couple of times with excel using uipathā€¦

1 Like

Hi @new_user

Yes of course, we can create using MACROS in excel option
its like how we record the navigations in the excel with this macro option

Hope these steps could help you resolve this
ā€“here in uipath we got an option called INVOKE VBA, activity
ā€“once the macro is recorded and obtained as a vb script, copy that and paste in a text file (.txt)

ā€“once after performing creation of chart, click on the record stop button so that macro will be created (that pause button will be there only when we click on record macro)

ā€“now go to same drop down option inthe macros and click on view macro and click edit and copy that vb code and paste it in a text file (.txt)
ā€“mention that .txt file path as input to this INVOKE VBA activity along the property code file path
ā€“mention the method name of the vba code in the property entry method name in string type (ā€œMainā€) or (ā€œMacro1ā€)
ā€“if any parameter are to be passed to the code then mention that in the enter method parameters in list type
ā€“Then make sure that this invoke vba is kept inside a excel application scope activity and pass the file path as input to that activity

For more details and a example on the INVOKE VBA activity

EDIT: this could help as a component
https://go.uipath.com/component/balareva-xl-activities

Kindly try this and let know for any queries or clarification
Cheers @new_user

4 Likes

@new_user

Yes you can. Use BalaReva.Excel.Activities package to do this. Please check below thread for your reference.

6 Likes

iā€™m not well versed with VBA

No worries
We donā€™t need to write vba
We can get that from excel itself
We got an option called Record Macro

Cheers @new_user

2 Likes

Iā€™ll check it now. Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great
Cheers @new_user

1 Like

Hi, I just want to create a column chart from my Excel data. But it doesnt work. Do I have forgotten something to fill ? Thank you. Here is a picture of my Excell datas and UI Path column chart infos. Thank you for your help !!! :sweat_smile:

Hi @lulu75,

Can you attach the sample excel ā€¦

Regards
Balamurugan.S

Yes ! here is the excel file that I want to transform in a column chart. Thank you very much for your help ! Sample.xlsx (8.7 KB)

1 Like

Hi @lulu75,

This is the outputā€¦ Use the latest version which i have attached it in the below.

Regards
Balamurugan.S

1 Like

Yes, I can do it manually too. But how did you do it on UI Path ? What have you written inside the Activity fields ? I already use Balareva for Excel, thatā€™s why Iā€™ve asked for help cuz it doesnt work : I donā€™t know how to do itā€¦ Can you please send me a picture of the fields for Activity ColumnChart, so that I see what I missed. Also, there is only ColumnChart Activity to get in my Sequence ? Or does it need something else ?

1 Like

Hi @lulu75,

Download the package from this link.

https://forum.uipath.com/uploads/short-url/pW0lzbZkyg9sEl3aWPDE6ayPmSu.nupkg

Configure it as mentioned in the below video.

and install the packageā€¦

Regards
Balamurugan.S

1 Like

Yes thank you ! it is now the last version of BalaReva. So I put the Activity ā€œColum chartā€ inside my Excel Application scope". Then here are the details so that the column chart works, but I have a message error that tells ā€œThe index is outside the limits of the tableā€ā€¦ Which cell range did you write ? Can you show me what did you write inside the Activity Column charts specifications ? Thatā€™s crazy it doesnt workā€¦ thank you. OR maybe there is something more to do?! :sweat_smile: :innocent: Thank you so much

1 Like

Hi @lulu75,

The Range should be begin and end like ā€œA1:J10ā€ . Change the Cell Range. It will work.

Thank you
Balamurugan.S

1 Like

Thank you, it is done. But UI Path tells me ā€œThe object reference is not defined to an instance of an object.ā€

1 Like

Are you using inside excel application scope ? Better can you send me the xmal and excel by messageā€¦

Regards
Balamurugan.S

1 Like

Well, I know what was the problem : I use Column chart activity from BalaReva. But only ā€œColumnClusteredā€ charType works. When I want to select 3D columns as CharType, it doesnā€™t workā€¦
How weird because I only want to change the charTypeā€¦

1 Like

Hi @lulu75,

Let me check and ping you!!