Can I put multiple projects in one GIT repository?

I am experimenting with using GIT for version control. I can easily add one project to a repository, make changes, commit, etc.

Problem comes when I want to add another project? If I put the files in the same repository, they overwrite the ones from the other project. Is the concept with UIPath with GIT that one project = one repository? Or is there a way to have many projects in one repository? I tried creating folders in the repository and adding the folder to the URL of the repository path, but it did recognize the path in Manage Remotes in UIPath Studio.

1 Like

Hello @Bill_Richardson!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

Very good question, I’m also trying to find this out. One project = one repo is not feasibly imo.
The Studio docs mention GIT Branches, maybe creating different Branches for different Projects is an option?

Cheers
Alex

1 Like

@Forum_Staff Can Someone please Answer this Question as I am also having similar issues where i am having a single Repository and Multiple Project. Or else please us know if there are any Ways by which we can manage multiple multiple projects in a single Repository.

Kind Regards,
Nirmal Kachhia

From my personal experience, you can simply have 1 repo with multiple folders (the project folder is defined by the one with project.json file).

This should work okay, as Studio will ask you to navigate to a folder with a project.json. I think you just might have to struggle a bit with commits if you are working simultanously on two different projects from said folder.

1 Like