I have a requirement to create UiPath bot execute a process by communicating Chat Bot. In my scenario UiPath get value from Chatbot and trigger a process and send back result to the Chatbot and pause UiPath execution, after Chatbot shows the result to user, user response and UiPath bot needs recapture the response of user and continue the process with that content.
To develop this process I need build Web Services to communicate with chatbot. Can someone please guide me to build this scenario?
Welcome to the community
You can leverage orchestrator api calls for the same
To check the end points and how to use please check yhe below document and you would get a swagger file with all endpoints and the payloads required using the below url
Same for both on prem and cloud url of orchestrator will change as per the orchestrator we use
Hi @Mini_moon :
- Firstly determine the platform for your chatbot:, such as Microsoft Bot Framework, Dialogflow, and IBM Watson. Choose the one that best fits your needs and create your chatbot.
- Then you need to create a web service that your UiPath bot can use to communicate with the chatbot. This web service should be able to receive requests from the chatbot and send responses back.
- Next you need to define the API endpoints that the web service will use to receive and send messages.
- You will now need to add activities to your UiPath workflow that allow it to communicate with the web service. For example, you could use the HTTP Request activity to send messages to the web service and receive responses.
- Once you have integrated the web service with UiPath, test the integration by running the workflow and sending messages to the chatbot. Make sure that UiPath is able to capture the user’s response and continue the process accordingly.
I hope this helps you get started with your project. Let me know if you have any further questions!