How to run/ invoke uipath workflow from Microsoft chatbot

Hi All,

How can i run/ invoke uipath workflow from Microsoft chatbot ?

@Saikiran - We have a reference implementation available on the UiPath GitHub page that demonstrates integrating a chatbot built using the Microsoft Bot Framework and LUIS to invoke UiPath workflows.

Access the reference implementation here: GitHub - UiPath/Chatbot-Samples: Welcome to the UIPath Chatbot samples repository. Here you will find example of using Microsoft BotFramework to build a chatbot that connects to UiPath RPA.

1 Like

Thanks @Karan for your response. The reference you provided is very useful.

Can you please tell me where can i find RefreshToken, ServiceInstanceLogicalName,
AccountLogicalName, ProcessKey details which needs to be updated in appsettings.json.

Regards
Saikiran

@Saikiran - Our documentation at Consuming Cloud API has instructions on how to access the Refresh Token (now called User Key), Service Instance Logical Name (now called Tenant Logical Name) and Account Logical Name of your cloud orchestrator service.

A shortcut to quickly access the process key can be found in item 5.h of the user guide in the sample repo: Chatbot-Samples/User guide.pdf at master · UiPath/Chatbot-Samples · GitHub.
Below is a screenshot from it for quick reference

1 Like

Hi @Karan,

When i am trying to invoke uipath workflow through MS Bot by following your steps, I am getting response in emulator as “Sorry, something went wrong. Please retry later.”. Can you please help me to sort out this. Attached is the image of Bot Emulator when trying to invoke UiPath from Bot.

Regards
Saikiran

@Saikiran - Couple of questions:

1. Are the process key and robot keys for a valid process and robot in your Orchestrator environment?
  2. Is the robot of type unattended? Are you manually start a job for the process in Orchestrator and see it run successfully on an unattended robot?