Bug report: Type Into and Type Secure Text Activities with SendWindowMessages or SimulateType does not work for special characters as "<" with Chrome extension

Using Type Into or Type Secure Text activities with SendWindowMessages or SimulateType in Chrome browser where the following text is typed “qwer<asdf” will only writes “qwer”.

This is not the case when using Internet Explore browser.

When can we expect this bug to get fixed?

\Mikkel

1 Like

Hi @Liisborg

Welcome to our UiPath Forum! :slight_smile:

Would you mind sharing your environment and project details? (especially the version of your Studio and the packages you have installed in your project).

The zip of the project itself (or a sample one that reproduces the issue) would be awesome.

1 Like

Of course :slight_smile:

I have attached a project that recreates the problem. Please write if you need more information.
I have followed the following instructions: Chrome Extension Troubleshooting for using the Chrome extension.

Zip-file:
Test_ChromeTypeInto.zip (11.5 KB)

UiPath Extension version:

UiPath version:

Chrome version:

\Mikkel

Hi @Liisborg

Thank you for such a nice “reproject” (pun intended :sweat_smile:). I’ve reported the bug for our team to have a look :slight_smile:

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.