Bot execution suddenly pauses in the middle with no exception, no errors for unlimited time.(UiPath Studio & bot version is 2018.4.3)

I am working with excel files, most of the time bot works fine but sometimes bot execution halts in between with no exceptions and errors.

• Bot execution suddenly pauses in the middle with no exception, no errors for unlimited time.(UiPath Studio & bot version is 2018.4.3).

• Bot generally pauses execution during Copy Process to Shared Drive where I am copying excel files from local directory to shared drive.

• When checked in execution logs with Verbose level there are no exception of errors recorded. :frowning:
    It becomes difficult to find the roots cause of the issue due to this.

• I want to know how I can raise the exception if bot becomes idle doing nothing for specific amount of time. (How I can check if bot is idle).

• Is there any other location where I can find logs with granular level.

Thanks.

Could this be a timeout issue? Perhaps you could do a debug and and a debug write line for each section of your process so you’ll be able to check the logs where the bot stops

@strqsr: Yeah I did the same. Bot generally stops during copying files to shared drive.
Any option to check if the bot got stuck during this activity?

@Yogesh_Tapkir:

Could you elaborate? Does it not copy the file path/ Navigate to folder/Paste Filepath into filename input?

What methods of debugging have you tried if you don’t mind me asking.
Are you using any try/catch activity to see if there could be a hidden exception that wasn’t catched before

This is my copy to shared drive sequence with try-catch block :-

You used an all encompassing system exception error? What about your try, did you write a debug line to check if the process runs?

If you’re using Orchestrator have you tried this method?

Hi Yogesh,

Does your problem resolved , if yes please let me know how.

Thanks and Regards,
Krishna