Dear fellow devs and UiPath admin,
After looking around for answers, I’ve found the following posts addressing the same or similar issue.
However, none of the answers would directly resolve or guide us to resolve the issue.
- How to create checker bot
- Best approach to abort/stop the bot and retry if the bot gets stuck for the longer period of time
- Bot time out
- Bot execution suddenly pauses in the middle with no exception, no errors for unlimited time.(UiPath Studio & bot version is 2018.4.3)
- Server Health Monitoring
To re-illustrate the problem or challenge here:
As the unattended bots goes to production, and pass the hypercare period, it is not feasible to watch or monitor the bots performance all the time (if not 24/7). Thus it requires a method to know:
- If the bot is stuck in a never-ending situation, or it is being idle for a long time. Sometimes, the bot is designed not well enough to detect certain errors in the run time that it would be stuck there without moving forward or throw exceptions. For instance, a new pop-up window or a faulty state transition* If the bot is working as scheduled. Cause the schedule could be pushed by other bots running on the same environment, it is crucial to know that whether the bots schedule is being disrupted or not
- If the bot is ended earlier than it supposed to. Cause the bot can be well designed to catch all errors, and end the process without crashing. For instance, only half of the queue is executed and the bot goes to “catch” block and stopped
Anyone? Any thoughts?