Run Robots Without Orchestrator with an "executable" file **Not in .bat**

Hi folks!

I am a UiPath newbie but I think i came up with a very interesting solution for people who wanna run a robot without orchestrator and even schedule It. I know some people are used to using the old .bat method. However, It has a couple downsides. In my opinion, the biggest downside is that everytime UiPath updates, the .bat file breaks and then you have to edit it to bring your robots back to life. Fortunately, the .vbs method solves this problem so our robots can live long and prosper.

I’m gonna show you guys step by step how to do It:

1. Download the zip file that I’ve made available in this post.
  2. Unzip it to a very nice destination folder (give him a nice home so he can behave).
  3. Open “Run UiPath Robot.vbs” with Notepad (you can right-click it and then select “Edit”).
  4. Change the “WORKFLOW_PATH” variable to the entire path of the project (you can either put the Main.xaml path or the project.json).
    The line will look something like this:
    WORKFLOW_PATH = “C:\Users\your.name\Desktop\Main.xaml”
  5. Save it
  6. WE’RE READY FOR WORK JUST DOUBLE-CLICK IT AND LET THE ROBOTS CONQUER THE WORLD.

All joking aside, now you have a “executable” file that you can easily schedule it with Windows Scheduler. This is beyond the scope of this post but i’m sure you can find some pretty good tutorials about it on internet.

Talking about tutorials, if you wanna step ahead and schedule files in a very neat-command-prompted way you can refer to this blog: https://www.robvanderwoude.com/schtasks.php

Link for the zip file: Link

If you guys have any doubts or suggestions, feel free to contact me :wink:

VAI BRAZILLIAN!!!

6 Likes

Salve, mermĂŁo @Guilherme_Mendes

Running the robot by bat file is not the best way it can be done. Your script was very good!
And the tutorial for scheduling a task at the prompt is very good too. :smiley:

VAI BRAZILIAN

1 Like

When you call the .nupkg after publishing from the bat file instead of .xaml it will work , I don’t think we have to do any changes?? Just my opinion.

Hi @WhenCutEsh,

I didn’t quite understand what you meant. Do you mean that when you execute a .bat file that is calling a .nupkg it doesn’t matter which version of the app-19.x.x folder you are pointing to?

yes that’s my question.

Hi @WhenCutEsh,

Can you send me an example of some bat that is calling a .nupkg? I have tried here to execute a .nupkg file but i didn’t succeed.

@Guilherme_Mendes like this
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\UiPath\app-19.7.0\UiRobot.exe -file C:\Users\UserName\Desktop\SaamplePackage.1.0.1.nupkg

Hey!
I have requested access to the file :slight_smile:
I hope you can accept my request, and that your approach will work - I have been searching for a solution for so long! :smiley:

I have tried to give you access to the file but for some reason i cannot give access to you. Do you have another email that i can use to send the file to you?

Actually, I’m confused whether this happens only to me or for all. Google links which I have shared earlier are expired now and I don’t find even a single link is working now. Do you have the same issue?

@HareeshMR sent me the script, so there is no need.
Thank you though! :slight_smile:

Hello.
ROBOT IS LOADING! error message.
What should I do?

Can you send me a print of the screen?

Sorry.
I tried it today and it moved!
I’ll let you know if I have any questions.

Any idea how this will work with Run script option in Outlook Rules? @Guilherme_Mendes

Hello @Guilherme_Mendes
I have tried to run the UiPath script with your file but I get error message like this, I have changed the workflow path, but getting error in line number 26 in this code “For Each folder In objFSO.GetFolder(uiPathFolder).SubFolders”. Can you please help how to debug on it.
jscode

Thank you