BAPI Functionality in UI Path

Hi Team,

Do we have BAPI functionality to call in UI Path?
ie : In UI Path if pass the Input Parameter we need to get the output Parameter in UI Path Using BAPI function.
Could anyone please help on this.

Regards,
Vijay

Hello @Vijay_2694,

I have not worked yet with BAPI functionality in UiPath, but maybe this could help you:

Best Regards.
Susana

3 Likes

Hello @Vijay_2694,
I tested the UiPath SAP BAPI Activities Pack and it works good.
Here my test results with the BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL RFM as a collection of images.
To your question: UiPath takes all steps for you, also the creating of the target objects. All I have to do is to create a variable, in my case address, from the type DataRow which contains the data.
Best regards
Stefan

Here the SAP BAPI Explorer with some details about BAPI_USER_GET_DETAILS

Now the four steps with the UiPath BAPI Wizard

Here the standard with open SAP connection, BAPI call and close SAP connection

Last but not least a few details in the output window of UiPath and the corresponding entries from the SAP system

UiPath_BAPI008

6 Likes

Hi @StefanSchnell,

I have installed that activity from packages, but i couldn’t able to get that activity on my activities pane.

Later I even checked for the Installation pre-requirites for the BAPIs and installed the .NETFrameWork 3.0 and Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package. But even after that also I am not getting that activity.
Kindly help me on this.

Regards,
Vijay

Hi @StefanSchnell,

Thanks For your Explanation.
Could you please tell me the Version of the UI Path Studio.
Also Is it a Community Version or a licensed one?

Regards,
Vijay

1 Like

Hello @Vijay_2694,

thanks for your message.

My scenario: I use an environment without an SAP GUI for Windows installation. I installed dotNET Framework 4.6.2 and the Micsrosoft C++ Runtime DLLs version 10.0 (this is contained in Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributables) and after that I installed SAP dotNET connector from here - to download it you need an SAP service user. And after that all worked well without any problems, as I described in my post.

Best regards
Stefan

Hello @Vijay_2694,

sure, I use the Community Version 18.4.1 of UiPath :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards
Stefan

Hello @StefanSchnell,

I use the Community version 18.4.0 of UI Path. But when I install the BAPI activity from the Packages. I am getting the below Error message.

18.4.0+Branch.master.Sha.b805b316b1c47ae06c0fe7e619b9c9f96e9e774c

The following package(s) can not be installed:
UiPath.SAP.BAPI.Activities 1.0.0

Regards,
Vijay

Hi @Vijay_2694

Please check out the list of prerequisites that need to be installed first:

2 Likes

i am also facing same issue

18.3.2+Branch.master.Sha.0ee1a557250c8000e864a91dcaeebdc1a4bbeb00

LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode
ERROR

when i tried to ping the server from my CMD its connecting but when i try to connect it giving the above mentioned error…

i have installed SAP connector in my macahine…

but still the issue persist…

Hi @StefanSchnell,

Thanks for your help.
Could you please share this Xaml file ?

Regards,
Vijay

hi ,
I am not getting any message displayed in the output window. How are you displaying the values

Hello @Vijay_2694,

sorry for my delayed reply, here my XAML file.

Best regards
Stefan

Main.xaml.zip (3.0 KB)

1 Like

Hello @Namit_Bhandari,

as you can see in my last image I get from address structure field LASTNAME with the following WriteLine command in UiPath.

Best regards
Stefan

Hello community,

I used with my actual tests UiPath Studio 2019.1.0 and UiPath.SAP.BAPI.Activities 1.1.0, and all works as expected and without any problems :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards
Stefan

Thank You @StefanSchnell.
For clearing all my doubts. Now I can able to use the BAPI functionality.

2 Likes

Hello,
I’m just starting to study UI Path not long ago, (±1 week) and I need to use SAP BAPI functionality so I tried to install the package. But, I always failed and get this message no matter what version I install. I also already installed the 32bit (x86) .NET 4.0 Variant of the SAP Connector for Microsoft .NET 3.0 (NCo 3.0). But the result is just the same:

How can I install the BAPI activities? Thank you very much!

Hello @worry,
here an image guide to install SAP NCo and UiPath BAPI connector successfully.

Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable first.

Then install SAP NCo.

In the next selection screen choose Install assemblies to GAC.

Now you can install UiPath SAP BAPI activity.

Old Version

I tried it with a Windows 10 installation, the SAP NCo 3.0.21 and UiPath 2019.3.0. All works well and as expected.

New Version

I tried it with a Windows 11 installation, the SAP NCo 3.0.24 and UiPath 2022.4.0. All works well and as expected.

Best regards
Stefan

7 Likes

This worked well for me! Thank you very much. It’s solved now.

2 Likes

Do you know if it works on Studio version 2018.1.4?
I’ve installed everything that you asked, and I couldn’t find the SAP Connector icon. :frowning: