Automation Hub API

Hello,

I am discovering the Automation Hub these days just to find out what it is capable of. I am following the examples contained in this link related to its API: https://docs.uipath.com/automation-hub/reference#get-cost-benefit-analysis-example. I set up my API in automation hub and I try to make a call following the example but I am not being successful. Is there something else I might be missing?

I noticed also this link where its mentioned that the API was not public yet, but if I understand correctly this should not be the case anymore: API documentation?

Some screnshots also of how I set up and call the API:

Thanks!

Hello @Karko!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

Hi @Karko,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the late response.

First of all, you are right, now the Automation Hub API is generally available so the reference in the link you have mentioned is not applicable anymore.

Related to your issue around generating and using the Authentication Token - as far as I can see from the screenshots provided, you have performed the correct steps - I’m assuming that you have downloaded directly the postman collection for the API from here: https://automation-hub-postman.uipath.rocks/?version=latest.
However, if I look at the documentation that you have referenced (https://docs.uipath.com/automation-hub/reference#get-cost-benefit-analysis-example) and where you said you have picked up the example, I see that there is an error in the way the token is represented:

• In the documentation, you have the token example like this Authorization: Bearer [Tenant ID\Token], while the actual format is Authorization: Bearer [Tenant ID/Token]. That may appear if you have composed the token manually and have copied the tenant ID, then added a delimiter and then the token.
  • If what I have mentioned in the first bullet point is true, then this can be easily avoided if you use the copy feature from the Automation Hub interface image . This copies the full authorization token (that includes the tenant id, delimiter and token from the interface.

Please let me know if the above explanation helps and if you are able to successfully authenticate to the Automation Hub Open API. If not, please follow up in this thread so we can perform some further troubleshooting.

Thank you,

Sorin

1 Like