Automating websites in Citrix Environment

Hi all,
I’m trying to automate in a Internet Explorer website and am unable to use data scraping in this Citrix Environment. I had searched the same in this forum and found that to automate Citrix applications we have to install the Uipath Remote runtime. But my question is where we have to install this?

Can anyone please check this issue.

@Shivaraju

You need to install UIPath Remote Runtime application in that citrix machine and you can download this file from below site.

https://platform.uipath.com

1 Like

@lakshman

I didn’t get your point, am trying to open the citrix application through Local IE browser.

Can you please elaborate me in the steps, because I’m still so confused that how can we install this in the Citrix machine?

@Shivaraju

oh ok.

are you able to use normal activites other than image activities here ?

No
There was no selectors to use normal activities in Citrix application so that am using Image Based Automation.
But I had a data table in this website and am to check the condition in it and then click on the particular icon.

@Shivaraju

Use Screen scraping methods with OCR to scrape the data and then pass it to Generate DataTable activity and it will convert String into DataTable.

1 Like

@lakshman
I had used screen scraping but the problem is that to get the entire data table we need to drag down the slide bar and the slide bar is too lengthy.
Is there any possibility to use data scraping in Citrix Enviroment?

@Shivaraju

Are you able to install any software in that citrix machine ?

No
Client will not give permission to install any software in there Citrix machine.

@Shivaraju

Its very difficult to read the data without Runtime file in Citrix machine. Only one possible one is use scraping data and follow the steps as mentioned.

1 Like

any help on this as we are also facing same issue,please let us know if you have any resolution for this issue

@ndivya

As @lakshman mentioned, in order to work with citrix applications we need to install MSI Installer in Citrix machine or else you can try with Computer Vision activities, it will give better
results.

1 Like