Automate Data Scraping from a websites

Hi,
I need help on scraping data on the above table.The table has 17 columns and i want to extract only two columns from the following tables Which are Document and Printing Time. From the Document i only want the document name that starts with HC-AG00 and on the Printing Column i only want the date and time of when the document was printed. I want to this process to be Automated after 24 Hours and be exported as a CSV File. I hope this is clear you to comprehend and help me in achieving this task. Thank you.

Hi
Welcome back to uipath community
Did we try with DATA SCRAPPING method in this
Cheers @BigDee

@BigDee

1.Use Data Scraping and scrape the Two Columns Document and Printing,then export into a Excel File.
2.Then Filter the Excel with the conditions you want.and export into CSV

Regards,
A Manohar

Yes Buddy, when i scrap it scrapes all the 17 columns and yet only need to scrap Document Column and Printing Time Column

1 Like

when i scrap it scrapes all the 17 columns and yet only need to scrap Document Column and Printing Time Column

Fine
Initially if we select the first cell if will ask to whether to take the entire table with YES or NO option
In that choose NO and then we can select the column we want explicitly

Cheers @BigDee

this is what happens when i do that.

1 Like

select next to extract second column.

Yah please go ahead choosing the next column
For more details on the steps involved

cheers @BigDee

Done, now from these two columns : On the Document Column i want to extract only that documents that starts with HC-AG00 and their time stamps which are on the printing time column.

1 Like

Done, now from these two columns : On the Document Column i want to extract only that documents that starts with HC-AG00 and thier time stamps which are on the printing time column.

1 Like

Awesome that we won’t be able to do it hear
First let us get this as a datatable and then we can filter using FILTER DATATABLE ACTIVITY where pass this datatable variable as input and in the condition mention as Starts with and in the value mention as “HC” and get the output with same datatable variable name been mentioned

Cheers @BigDee

from here what i should do to filter the data.

Followed by this use FILTER DATATABLE ACTIVITY
AND try with these steps

Cheers @BigDee

i am kind of confused as to how to fill the table information on this part for it data to be filtered.

https://docs.uipath.com/activities/docs/filter-data-table

Follow this

Please look at the following screen shots and let me know variables should in order for the table to be filtered properly . I am still a novice user of uipath studio , thank you

i get the error that says"input_dt" is not declared. and it may inaccesible due it protection level.

1 Like

here in the filter datatable mention the input datatable as the one that we got from EXTRACT STRUCTURED DATA activity and in the output datatable field also mention the same datatable name, we dont need to create new datatable buddy
–and in the filter conditions along
column name mention it “your columnname” within double quotes
in condition mention as “Starts with”
and in the value field mention as “HC”

Cheers @BigDee