Attribute not supported by the current UiNode

Scenario: While web recording, on editing a field in website, getting a popup message, either esc or enter will remove the popup message, I can’t able to capture the popup message, tried using citrix image click, hot keys etc but while running the Main.xaml file, I am getting error as “Attribute not supported by the current UiNode”, prior to popup message its working as expected.

Steps to reproduce: On popup message it should either esc or enter

Current Behavior: Throwing error “Attribute not supported by the current UiNode.”

Expected Behavior: On popup message it should either esc or enter

Studio/Robot/Orchestrator Version: 2016.2.6344

Last stable behavior:
Last stable version:
OS Version:Windows 7
Others if Relevant: (workflow, logs, .net version, service pack, etc):

1 Like

Did you try just passing the Hot Key Activity (esc or enter) by not Indicating the element?

1 Like

Yes, I tried Hot Key Activity (enter) by not indicating the element but still I got the same error “Attribute not supported by the current UiNode.” Please help

Looks like the error is thrown by Check activity, try Click Activity instead.

2 Likes

Tried using the Click Activity but this time I got an error “Click ‘INPUT’ : Click generic error.”

Thanks vvaidya!!! Its working as expected

Hi Vaidya,

I am getting same error (Attribute not supported by current UINode) for “Check” activity and i am using UiPath studio (2018.2) version. Please sugget.

@ashok_sharma

From my experience, some checkboxes are not properly recognized by the Check activity as a checkbox, thus giving the error message.

In those situations you should use Click activity instead.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply. Click activity is working fine. But we need to track if that option is checked or not first then only we need to click it.
We are trying to “image exist” option with image carrying (checked + relative text). But it’s always return “True” if that option is checked or not.
Please suggest.

Thanks for your reply. Click activity is working fine. But we need to track if that option is checked or not first then only we need to click it.
We are trying to “image exist” option with image carrying (checked + relative text). But it’s always return “True” if that option is checked or not.
Please suggest.

1 Like

I would suggest Get Attribute activity. The checkbox might change the specific attribute’s value and by checking it you will be able to see its status.

It help me once when one of the attributes was changing between “Selected: Yes” and “Selected: No”.

You can most likely track it down if UI Explorer.

Good luck!

Yeah, I already tried Get Atrribute. I am not seeing any differences in any of the property when that option is checked vs unchecked.

Yeah, I already tried Get Atrribute. I am not seeing any differences in any of the property when that option is checked vs unchecked

If it is a web application, you might also want to try the actual HTML via Inspect element in a browser. Sometimes I had some luck and I found some attributes that were not visible in UI Explorer.

Thank you. Let me try using HTML via inspect element

Hi Ashok_sharma
have you got any good result on this ?

1 Like

Hi,

so finally the inspect element activity worked? Thanks in advance.

I had similar issue with ‘Check’ activity. It worked fine in community edition but not in enterprise edition. In enterprise it says ‘Check ‘DIV’: Attribute not supported by the current UiNode’.

Any thoughts on this? @loginerror

Hi @Krithi1

Were the versions of UIAutomation package the same in both environments? It could be that support for specific elements was added in higher version of the package.

This worked for me, thank you very much.