Assets in Config File

Hi All,

I like to know what is Name and Asset in Assets page in Config file.

Name in the Assets page has to match the value in the settings page, but what is the Asset field?

Name in the Assets page is what we created the credential asset in Orchestration, Is it right?

And also when we assign value to the variable like in_Config(“AssetName”).ToString. Why its showing compiler error. In_Config is not declared.

Thanks for your support…
Kavida

1.I like to know what is Name and Asset in Assets page in Config file-> Name is you can give anything for your project perspective, Asset is the asset name which you have created in Orchestrator.
2.Name in the Assets page has to match the value in the settings page, but what is the Asset field?-> there is no relationship between settings page and the asset page you do not need to maintain both.
3.Name in the Assets page is what we created the credential asset in Orchestrator- > Yes.
4. Do you have In_Config as a input argument with the type dictionary.?

Thanks a lot Divyashreem,

1. Below is from the walkthrough of Assignment 1 in Advance level training.
    "Add an Asset of the Credential type and write the username and password for System1. Make sure that the Asset name matches the value of the System1_Credential setting."
  2. Can you please help me this: Is in_config type has to be Dictionary<String,Object> if i need to read from config file?

No, once you read it from the Excel it will return you the data table and the reframework which we have will convert that as a dictionary, and when you access this from any other workflow you have pass that as argument and which is of the type dictionary.

Excel is config file right? If yes, do I need to invoke InitializeAllSettings workflow first then Get credentials?

If you are using reframework and if you understand the template, you dont have to call anything
its all builtin, you just need to create argument where ever you are using the config values and you have to provide the proper asset names

thanks, now i understood