Anchor Base and Capturing Text from Browser

Hi everyone,

I need help getting text from a website using Anchor Base and Get Visible Text (not sure if this is the activity I should be using).

My use-case is simple. Go to this website:

speedtest.omantel.om

This is an internet speed test site. On the first page you see a big circle with the word “Go” inside of it. Click the “Go” option and the speed test will start. It will take a few seconds to a minute, then display the result as Ping, Download, Upload and Jitter.

I am trying to use Anchor Base to capture those fields, but the selector doesn’t detect the UI elements at all. This is my first problem. My second issue is which activity to use to capture the text, say below Ping? I am using Get Visible Text because it sounds logical.

Can anyone try getting the Selector of Anchor Base to detect the Ping or any other field correctly and let me know how to do it?

Ah, I am also using Element Exists right after the click on “Go” so that the program waits for the test to finish. The Element I am waiting for is the existance of the word “AGAIN” on the top-right corner of the second page, inside a circle, after the test has completed.

Thank you all,
Ashraf

hello @ashraf.kheiri
selectors are working fine…
IE selector for Ping:

<html title='Speedtest By OmanTel' />
<webctrl aaname='Ping' parentid='root' tag='SPAN' />
<nav up='3' />
<webctrl aaname='25' parentid='root' tag='SPAN' />

check if you are creating them correctly…
you can also go through video tutorial at UiPath Essesntial Training - 4 3 Selectors

Thank you so much Akshay,

This is the selector I get below. I wonder what is wrong! i am using Chrome.
One more question, inside of Anchor Base, what would you use to actually get the text value? Get Text or Get Visible Text, or something else?

inside of Anchor Base, what would you use to actually get the text value? Get Text or Get Visible Text, or something else?
Both we can use and get ocr text also it is depending on your requirement

Thanks man! It works on IExplore, bur Chrome isn’t!

if you want Ping value then use get text activity with this selector (you will get jitter’s value as well)…

<html app='chrome.exe' title='Speedtest By OmanTel' />
<webctrl src='https://omantel.speedtestcustom.com' tag='IFRAME' />
<webctrl parentid='root' tag='DIV' innertext='Ping*ms' />

InternetSpeedtext.xaml (9.0 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.