Advanced editor usability

Hi community,

Could somebody explain me what is the main purpose of the advanced editor and how to write expression efficiently in it ?

does the expression has to be between quotes ?
if I am trying to use a stored variable that I’ve create previously how can get it in there ? (writing it’s name between quotes never worked for me / using UiPath.values … never worked )

I am stuck implementing basic logic on this software even in the documentation I can’t see anything about the advanced editor.

I am looking forward for your advices , hints whatever that can help with this topic.

Regards,

Fathi

@Bouslama_Fathi

Advanced editor is aplace where you can write your expressions and view them in a bigger area…

Strings are given between double quotes…if you want to write a method or variable…directly start typing the name and you would get a prompt of available variables /methods and can choose from
Them…

If theya re not visible you can click ctrl+space toget the prompt

Hope this helps

Cheers

1 Like

Hi,

Advanced editor (Expression editor) is designed for VB.net (or C# in Studio) programmer. We need to write expressions under VB.net syntax. If you have any question, first search similar matter for vb.net on the internet including this forum then if cannot find solution, ask it your colleagues or post here as a question etc.

Regards,

1 Like

To read about the function do I have to refer to VB.NET documentation (I would like to know about the parameters that a function can accept and the return types)

One more thing I am not able to use a variable by just typing it’s name in the expression !!! is there other way to use it.

Suppose I am getting a user input then storing it in variable called age normally that age it’s in a string type now I want to use CInt() function to convert it to an integer. if I try use age in CInt(age) there is always an warning or error

I tried this as well :

@Bouslama_Fathi

Is myage variable type is int?

For knowing the wrror place the cursor on red exclamation beside the editor…not on top

What you have is correct to convert to integer but on the left aofe myage also should be integer type

Cheers

I never defined the data type of a variable in StudioX. I am assuming that the variable will be an integer since I am assigning the value returned by the expression.

@Bouslama_Fathi

It does not work like that…

From the variables panel or from the data manager panel please check and correct the datatype…

If it is already integer then you need not do cint again

Hope this helps

Cheers

Hi,

Can you try either of the following?

CInt(Saved.Values(Of System.String)("Age"))

OR

CInt(Saved.Values(Of UiPath.Excel.ExcelValue)("Age"))

OR

Saved.Values(Of Int32)("Age")

Regards,