Action not supported by this type of element

Hi all,
I want to click a menu item “File” inside a pdf file using SendwindowMessage/Simulate actions.
But when Iam doing that I am getting an exception:

Test has thrown an exception

Source: Click ‘menu item File’

Message: Action not supported by this type of element. Please use another type of click.

Exception Type: ElementOperationException

UiPath.Core.ElementOperationException: Action not supported by this type of element. Please use another type of click. —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Action not supported by this type of element. Please use another type of click.
at UiPath.UiNodeClass.Click(Int32 dx, Int32 dy, UiClickType clickType, UiMouseButton mouseBtn, UiInputMethod inputMethod)
at UiPath.Core.UiElement.ClickImpl(Int32 offsetX, Int32 offsetY, ClickType clickType, MouseButton mouseButton, InputMethod inputMethod, Position mousePlacement, Boolean areOffsetsNormalized)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Hello @maria.josephina

Have you tried without these properties clicked or do you want to force the process to run on the background?

1 Like

@reda I tried with disabling these properties. It worked well.

But I want thjs to work in background.

hello @maria.josephina
some types of elements don’t accept simulate clicks,I think this is one of them.

It was working perfectly before. When I tried it again yesterday and it seems not working then