Abbyy OCR Engine

Hi Uipath.

Still waiting for a replay to my previous error.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,
We are trying to figure out what could be your problem, as on our machines is working fine.
Do you remember what version and architecture of ABBYY you installed? You must install the 32bit (X86) version and not 64bit version.

Thanks.

Hi @cosmin.sandulescu

I had installed the version x86 and x64 all together,
I have so reinstalled and only selected the x86 this time, tried to run again. same thing.

Is there any log file i can send to help speed this issue?

Thank you.

%localappdata%\UiPath\Logs Studio.log

Hi @cosmin.sandulescu Cosmin.

After deleting everything and installing all new UiPath Studio ( i had the latest version ) and ABBYY Engine with the CMD command prompt and still , it doesn’t load the engine. Running out of ideas, i’m beginning to think i should try in a different laptop and see if its this one. Any Ideas?

Thank you

Hi,
I don’t know if you have the possibility to try a third party application that is using ABBYY FineReader Engine to see if that is working or not.
For us worked from first try on Win10 (i am not sure what your OS version is), so if you didn’t try it on Win10 it will be an idea to do so.

Thanks,
Cosmin

@cosmin.sandulescu

Hi Cosmin. I transfered my abbyy engine license to my personal computer that has Windows 10 with full admin rights and i got the latest UiPath Studio. And the problem persists.

Thank you.

Hi,

Looking back to the screenshot that you posted in the past, i see that you have “developer trial” key. We are using “Runtime Trial” key. Development key are used to develop tools using abbyy sdk, but to run you need the runtime keys.

Sorry for the confusion.
Let me know if you get it working.
Thanks.

Does UIPath studio support trial version of Abby OCR. We have the SDK downloaded but unable to see in the UIPath studio

Hi ,
I have installed Abby Fine reader 10 professional edition , also its a Run time Activated license. I am still facing the following error:
“Abbyy OCR : Error performing OCR: AbbyyErrorLoadEngine”.
Its a 32 bit software , Can you please suggest resolution for the same.

Thanks & regards,
Lucky Jaral

Hi All,
We have ABBYY FineReader 14 on Windows 10 and Studio on 2.6274 and we are experiencing the same error as described above. FineReader (standalone) is fully licensed.
Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards - Leigh

All i have this working. You need to get finereader engine run time key from uipath.

developer/standalone etc will not work. then follow the silent install instructions and it works fine. uninstall existing if you have it already installed.

Enjoy!

Hello,
To summarize

1. You will need ABBYY FineReader Engine
  2. You will need a runtime key that is provided by UiPath. (you must contact the sales team for this)
  3. You must follow Instructions to install it. Pay attention to install x32(x86) version. If you use the provided installation instruction the command is using x86 by default.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hello,

1. You will need ABBYY FineReader Engine → How to get Abbyy FineReader(runtime engine)?

2. You will need a runtime key that is provided by UiPath. → Already have a trial license (from UiPath sales team)

3. You must follow Instructions to install it. Pay attention to install x32(x86) version. If you use the provided installation instruction the command is using x86 by default. → Can’t get to this step yet

Thank you

Hi can you give me link to download Abby findreader engine

Hello!

Maybe you can help me with Abbyy FlexiCapture Engine.
I’d like to use a separate server with FlexiCapture Engine, but my not-attended robots will be run on another server. How to specify the connection between them? In studio I can’t connect to my server.

There are 2 abbyy fc adapters. One provided by uipath and the other by abbyy. The one provided by abbyy only works with FC and this can do as you say having the bot server communicating with the FC server. The one provided by uipath which is FCEngine. In my knowledge can only work where the bot server has fce also installed on it.

U can use the cloud SDK. No need to install anything.

Abby Cloud worked pretty good, but it’s just Trial and a subscription is costly.

Hello All;
Has anyone resolved this problem. I have the same setup as described by the many users previously in this thread, with recent licenses and still the error message is the same.

Document Scapping has thrown an exception
Source: Abbyy OCR
Exception Type: Exception

ABBYY’s support forum refers the issue to UiPath:

*** FineReader Engine accessing ABBYY OCR from UiPath**
*** IvanPopov posted this 21 November 2017**
*** If we understand correctly, you are using the UiPath software, which allows the use of ABBYY software to perform OCR. Apparently, “Abbyy OCR : Error performing OCR: AbbyyErrorLoadEngine” is a UiPath error message. For questions regarding the use of ABBYY OCR software in UiPath, please contact UiPath support at Contact Technical Support, or check their Knowledge Base, e.g. https://forum.uipath.com/t/abbyy-ocr-engine/2237.**

Just trying to see if using ABBYY scrapping PDFs is better than with Google/Microsoft engines that are not performant at all.

Thanks