How to get Microsoft or Abby OCR?

Hi,

For Get OCR Text Activity, UiPath takes Google OCR as a default OCR Engine.

When I tried changing the OCR as Microsoft OCR or Abby OCR, I am getting an error.

How can I resolve other OCR engines??

Hey @cthamizh

it is default preferred choice but you can delete that engine activity and drag the Microsoft ocr engine activity simply.

Let me know still if you have any problem on this.

Regards,!!
Aksh

You may also go through below link

https://forum.uipath.com/t/abbyy-ocr-engine

1 Like

hi @aksh1yadav - Yes I am getting the below error.

1. While using Abby OCR.

1. While using Microsoft OCR

please check this link:

check this link:

It is working fine with google ocr right?

have you installed MODI? at the time of use of MIcrosft you get something pop to install ?

Regards…!!
Aksh

i Guys,
I am able to OCR the content from Abbyy Cloud OCR Engine.

Step 1.
Register your self on https://cloud.ocrsdk.com

Step 2.
Post Registration you will receive Application Id and Password.

Step 3.
Please drag Get OCR Text and Abbyy Cloud COR Engine from Activities Panel and enter App Id and password received from Abbyy Team post registration and everything will start working.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers.
Amit Bhatt

Ya I followed 3 Steps , Registered , Got App Id and PWD and entered the same on Abby OCR Cloud inside Get OCR Text Activity , It throwing below Exception , Please help
Main has thrown an exception

Source: Abbyy Cloud OCR

Exception Type: Exception

System.Exception: Error performing OCR: AbbyyCloudErrorRunEngine

Server stack trace:
at UiPath.Vision.VisionClient.ScrapeUsingHostService(OCRInput input, OCROptions options, CancellationToken cancelToken)
at UiPath.Vision.VisionClient.ScrapeImage(OCRInput input, OCROptions options, CancellationToken cancelToken, Boolean useHostProcess)
at UiPath.Vision.UiImage.ScrapeOCR(OCROptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.OCREngineActivity.<>c__DisplayClass36_0.b__0()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object args, Object server, Object& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at UiPath.Core.Activities.GetOCRText.OnScrapeFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)