Unable to Use 'Abbyy OCR', Error performing OCR: AbbyyErrorLoadEngine

Hi There,

I have been trying to use ‘Abbyy OCR’ for few operations, however it keeps on throwing me this error. This is my first time with ‘Abbyy OCR’. I do have ‘Abbyy Finereader 14’ installed in my system.

Source: Abbyy OCR

Exception Type: System.Exception

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.Exception: Error performing OCR: AbbyyErrorLoadEngine

Server stack trace: 
   at UiPath.Vision.VisionProcessor.ScrapeUsingHostService(OCRInput input, OCROptions options, CancellationToken cancelToken)
   at UiPath.Vision.VisionProcessor.Scrape(OCRInput input, OCROptions options, CancellationToken cancelToken, Boolean useHostProcess)
   at UiPath.Vision.UiImage.ScrapeOCR(OCROptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at UiPath.Core.Activities.OCREngineActivity.<>c__DisplayClass36_0.<BeginExecute>b__0()
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
   at UiPath.Core.Activities.GetOCRText.OnScrapeFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
   at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
   at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Any suggestions would help a lot.

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

@Rammohan91 After installing abbyy finereader you needs to purchase license from UiPath

Thanks @indra, I did had a look at this thread. However i have been using the trail version of Finereader 14, I believe it should work with uipath.

Also, I just realized that i am having this ErrorLoadEngine issue with ‘Microsoft OCR’, ‘Abbyy Cloud OCR’ as well along with this ‘Abbyy OCR’. I believe its something else causing this issue,

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

How i use to work with Abby is from uipath we will be storing the files in folder called hotfolder then for every 20seconds it automatically reads the file and push data to datatable( but before this we need to create template and document definition and configure DB) just give 30sec delay in uipath and after that we will be able to pull data from dB directly. But am using Abbyy flexiCapture

1 Like

Yes. That’s a good way to deal with flexicapture. By the way, did you evev verified if the ‘Abbyy OCR’ works in your system after installing Abbyy flexicapture, just curios?

Hey @ovi @badita, Do you have any suggestions to solve this issue?

Thanks,
Rammohan B.

I was trying to but I couldn’t get how to upload my document definition to the activity.

Hi all,

I’m also facing the “Error performing OCR: AbbyyErrorLoadEngine” problem.
I have the Abbyy Flexicapture 12 Engine with a runtime trial license.

What I would like to do is use the UiPath “Abbyy OCR” activity within my workflow, is this not possible with Flexicapture?

thanks,
a.

Hey Divya, We are planning to purchase abby for our organisation. I tested with all 3 engines and the result is almost same for all engines. Can you please highlight or tell your experiance/differences between the outputs. do we have some example. would be great if you can help me out.
Thanks in advance.

Hey Ram, We are planning to purchase abby for our organisation. I tested with all 3 engines and the result is almost same for all engines. Can you please highlight or tell your experiance/differences between the outputs. do we have some example. would be great if you can help me out.
Did you hear from uipath guys?
Thanks in advance.

Please take a look my component, maybe can help u

https://go.uipath.com/preview/nctabbyyfcengineactivities