Abbyy OCR Engine

Hi,

Looking back to the screenshot that you posted in the past, i see that you have “developer trial” key. We are using “Runtime Trial” key. Development key are used to develop tools using abbyy sdk, but to run you need the runtime keys.

Sorry for the confusion.
Let me know if you get it working.
Thanks.

Does UIPath studio support trial version of Abby OCR. We have the SDK downloaded but unable to see in the UIPath studio

Hi ,
I have installed Abby Fine reader 10 professional edition , also its a Run time Activated license. I am still facing the following error:
“Abbyy OCR : Error performing OCR: AbbyyErrorLoadEngine”.
Its a 32 bit software , Can you please suggest resolution for the same.

Thanks & regards,
Lucky Jaral

Hi All,
We have ABBYY FineReader 14 on Windows 10 and Studio on 2.6274 and we are experiencing the same error as described above. FineReader (standalone) is fully licensed.
Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards - Leigh

All i have this working. You need to get finereader engine run time key from uipath.

developer/standalone etc will not work. then follow the silent install instructions and it works fine. uninstall existing if you have it already installed.

Enjoy!

Hello,
To summarize

1. You will need ABBYY FineReader Engine
  2. You will need a runtime key that is provided by UiPath. (you must contact the sales team for this)
  3. You must follow Instructions to install it. Pay attention to install x32(x86) version. If you use the provided installation instruction the command is using x86 by default.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hello,

1. You will need ABBYY FineReader Engine → How to get Abbyy FineReader(runtime engine)?

2. You will need a runtime key that is provided by UiPath. → Already have a trial license (from UiPath sales team)

3. You must follow Instructions to install it. Pay attention to install x32(x86) version. If you use the provided installation instruction the command is using x86 by default. → Can’t get to this step yet

Thank you

Hi can you give me link to download Abby findreader engine

Hello!

Maybe you can help me with Abbyy FlexiCapture Engine.
I’d like to use a separate server with FlexiCapture Engine, but my not-attended robots will be run on another server. How to specify the connection between them? In studio I can’t connect to my server.

There are 2 abbyy fc adapters. One provided by uipath and the other by abbyy. The one provided by abbyy only works with FC and this can do as you say having the bot server communicating with the FC server. The one provided by uipath which is FCEngine. In my knowledge can only work where the bot server has fce also installed on it.

U can use the cloud SDK. No need to install anything.

Abby Cloud worked pretty good, but it’s just Trial and a subscription is costly.

Hello All;
Has anyone resolved this problem. I have the same setup as described by the many users previously in this thread, with recent licenses and still the error message is the same.

Document Scapping has thrown an exception
Source: Abbyy OCR
Exception Type: Exception

ABBYY’s support forum refers the issue to UiPath:

*** FineReader Engine accessing ABBYY OCR from UiPath**
*** IvanPopov posted this 21 November 2017**
*** If we understand correctly, you are using the UiPath software, which allows the use of ABBYY software to perform OCR. Apparently, “Abbyy OCR : Error performing OCR: AbbyyErrorLoadEngine” is a UiPath error message. For questions regarding the use of ABBYY OCR software in UiPath, please contact UiPath support at Contact Technical Support, or check their Knowledge Base, e.g. https://forum.uipath.com/t/abbyy-ocr-engine/2237.**

Just trying to see if using ABBYY scrapping PDFs is better than with Google/Microsoft engines that are not performant at all.

Thanks

Hello,

I have the same problem. After downloading ABBYY finereader ( the trial version) I still got the same error message " Abbyy OCR : Error performing OCR: AbbyyErrorLoadEngine" . I am trying to locate the main problem. Is the trial version the problem or there is another another problem?
AbbyyPb

Hi, you need to request the engine from your uipath local contact. You will need to follow the silent instrall instructions properly.

Hi,

what you need is request an Abbyy FC12 Engine Trail license from Abbyy Sales.

fly away.

Hi Cosmin.

I followed your instructions but same error appears when I try to execute ABBYY OCR from UiPath:

My license is this:
What should I do to solve this?

Regards,
Julián

Hi Juramirez,Still the problem exist for you ??i am also facing the same issue .
Can you please help me in fixing that …

Hi All,

The best way how to solve the issue is you need to create your own activity integrated with ABBYY Engine. I’ve did it and succeed.

Hi irahmat,

How did you achieve this?