3 machines with same Domain\Username

Hello,

I have 3 machines that use the same Domain\Username all of them have different processes that should run at different times. How do i configure them in different Modern Folders using different machines and different unattended robots? I already have the 3 unattended licenses configured on the machines but when i try to configure the robots i get the error “There already exists a floating robot for Domain\Username”

@jeffrey.cruz

essentially if the domain and user are same then its only one bot not 3…but you can still add this bot to all machines and all folders combination…create machines as templates and while triggering select the same robot but different machines

cheers

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply.

But if there are different processes that run at the same time on different machines, won’t there be some type of conflict if i use the same robot?

example:

Process 1 on machine 2 runs at 8pm
Process 2 on machine 3 runs at 8pm

@jeffrey.cruz

Ideally there wont be any conflict…one of it might wait as its already busy…

Now that is the reason we have only users and machines separately and we assign license to users and then can use any combination while selecting

Floating robots used to have limitation of 3 during classic…with modern I am not sure if there are any limits though

You can try it

cheers

What’s confusing me is the Machine Template. If i use a machine template the machine key will be shared with the 3 machines. And if i use the same unattended robot on the 3 machines (because they all have the same Domain/Username) then when 2 different unattended process trigger at the same time one will wait until the other one finish, correct? I want the 2 different process to run at the same time, because both of them start at 8pm and finish 4 hours later. I want them to finish at the same time or close to the same time.

@jeffrey.cruz

They would be allocated one license each…so as licenses are there…we should able to use the combination…

With one license it wont but if there…then each machine gets one and should be working parallel

Hope this helps

cheers

Ooooh now i get it, but now im stuck at another step. i configured the template machine, went to UiPath assistant → Orchestrator settings on the 3 machines and used the same machine key from the template machine on the 3 of them but only one of them connected to the license the other 2 shows the message “There are no available licenses on this server.” and i assigned 3 licenses to the Machine template i created.

@jeffrey.cruz

Ideaaly you would be creating 3 machine templates and assign one license for each…because each machine has its own template and any user can be connected to it.not the other way round

Your setup will suite when you create multiple users and want to run multiple users on same machine…but we need the other way round

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.