11. RPA Challenge - Create a Directory on Citrix without cmd

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to create a new folder in Citrix, the name should be a variable that is captured before creation.

I’m using the hotkey CTRL+SHIFT+N to create the new folder but I’m having a hard time with the name change.

How should I go about this?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Would a cmd line work better in Citrix?

That’s actually a great idea but this citrix environment doesn’t allow cmd.

In this case this will be great for an automation challenge … create a directory over RDP without using cmd.

File Creation is working for me even name as per my given string.

I have used this approach some months ago and it works for me with XenDesktop Citrix as well.

RDP_FOLDER_CREATION.xaml (7.6 KB)

Regards…!!
Aksh

Hi,

I tried using shell script.

Main.xaml (23.2 KB)

Regards,
Vikas Reddy

@vikas_reddy_Vicky No selectors allowed or cmd. @aksh1yadav Please attach the workflow.

They should be there to identify the open rdp window activation :stuck_out_tongue: @badita

Regards…!!
Aksh

This works fine in RDP
citrixfolder.xaml (16.3 KB)

1 Like

Ah sorry, I should have been more clear.

I’m creating it using the CTRL+SHIFT+N hotkey, my issue now is identifiying the new folder and then changing the name to the variable that I captured earlier in the automation.

I have included rename in my example, i’m identifying the folder by clicking the new folder image and sending F2 hot key (if you are not renaming it immediately after creating the folder). Let me know if you don’t want image click(don’t have any idea in mind yet).

1 Like

@vvaidya

I used that and it worked, thanks! You win this one :slight_smile:

1 Like