I am trying to automate few actions in a citrix app which is window based. As a part of this, I use “Send Hotkeys” like CTRL+G, CTRL+C,CTRL+V , CTRL+X etc.
The problem is works fine at times and sometimes it just types the char “G”, “C” or “X” in the screen. I want to avoid this. I experimented with the property fields (with and without values, checked/unchecked) but doesn’t seem to understand how it works because it just types the char. However this is rare but it has to be avoided at any cost, as the script would fail/misbehave in prod. Please share your thoughts and let me know how to make it stable. Refer screenshots below
- Should I use delay between keys/not?
- Should I use simulate property/not?
- Should I use send window messages or not?
- I understand special keys is from special key scenario.
- Should I use click before typing or not?