Write Range: The Workbook path is not showing in the activity my sequence

I am trying to learn and replicate the steps on the following page :-1

https://docs.uipath.com/activities/docs/write-range . However, i do not get to see the options of the Workbook Path. Hence my workflow is basically just not functional. Do i need to add yet another Excel application scope and then inside it the Write range activity to execute the workflow successfully?

Its the Latest Version UiPath studio I am using on a Windows 8.1 machine.

@Meeta_Dayama, hi and welcome to the community

Please share screenshots of your workflow.

@Meeta_Dayama, so if you want to write the range on the same excel file, you can drag your write range activity inside the excel scope and specify the sheet name and the range. Otherwise if you want to write on a different file, you need another excel scope. Let me know if you need further assistance.

1 Like

Okay, both scenario works!
My only concern is , after the execution, the file remains open into which I performed the write range operation. Is this common behaviour post execution?

@Meeta_Dayama, yes that’s common if you are using an excel scope, you can use a Close Workbook activity so that the file closes after the write range, and if that helps, don’t forget to mark it as a solution and close the thread.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.