Why using IE

Hi, I want to know one thing, is it recommended that we have to use IE to automate for web automation. If we automate using the IE can I run the task in Chrome? Is the selector will affect?
@Palaniyappan

1 Like

Hola…

Good morning brother…

Why we use IE is because it is the most stable and the most supported browser for automation efforts. However, still we can use other browsers with a little bit of difference because the way they work is different from each other. From the selectors point of view, yes, the selectors are bit different between IE and the chrome because of the title part of the selector is changing…

but, if you can try to make the selectors dynamic, you might get it to work… However, if there are message boxes and stuff, then it is bit difficult because the selectors are totally different…

3 Likes

Very Good Morning to you brother!!
Thanks a lot Lahiru bro. That’s what I want to confirm!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @balkishan
yes…it is recommended to use IE

If we automate using the IE can I run the task in Chrome? Is the selector will affect?
Earlier I faced the same problem then I have to save Selector into a variable that is different in each selector based on Browser
only App attribute change according to browser
save that selector in a Varable and add with other selector .
like that image

4 Likes

Nice example bro!! :smiley: @sandeep13

1 Like

Thanks @Lahiru.Fernando

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.