Who's gonna start the Orchestration Process?

Hi. The topic seems like a simple question I guess but that’s something I can’t comprehend about Orchestration Process. Suppose you’ve created and published an Orchestration Process to the Orchestrator, who is the person (or the system) responsible to start that process? It’s a long-running workflow, but one must eventually start it, correct? Would you please elaborate the subject? Thank you.

Hy @atoi,

If you connect your robot to the orchestrator and upload you process there, there are two types of execution.

Attended: go to the uipath Assistant and click play to run. The end user will start
Unattended robot: the bot will execute automatically with out user intervention. This execution is scheduled in the orchestrator

Please check documentation
https://docs.uipath.com/orchestrator

Is it clear to you?

Regards

Yes it is clear but that was not the answer I was looking for. My point is about the rationale behind this specific type of process, Orchestration Process. It controls the overall process execution and coordination of tasks, jobs and queues. It defines what robots start and stop.
But what about the Orchestration Process robot itself. How’s the scheduling supposed to work? Who’s gonna control the execution of the Orchestration Process Robot itself? Is it like a robot that controls another robots?

Hy @atoi,

Please check links about scheduling:

One setup its done. It will start and run automatically as scheduled. It Controls and monitors all robots

Regards

@William_Blech_Sister I am well aware of the Schedules feature (now’s called Triggers in Orchestrator). I’m asking about the rationale, about the mindset behind it so I can make my own.