Where can I find the UiPath Robot setup?

I have been using the UiPath Community Edition for automating workflows through UiPath Studio for quite some time now. Now I was looking to install, configure and use the UiPath Robot.

Can anyone help me to find the UiPath Robot installer?

I have been through the following discussions:

But I didn’t find any specific page from where I can request a UiPath Robot download.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled UiPathStudioSetup executable, still I didn’t find the UiPath Robot option.

Can someone help me out plese?

Installer(.exe or .msi): Any

License type(Free, Trial/License code): Free

Studio/Robot version: Studio 2019.2.0

Current behavior: Unable to start UiPath Robot

Screenshot:

@debanjan,

Download from this link: Enterprise RPA Platform Trial - Automation Software | UiPath

To install Robot follow steps from this link: Installing the Robot

Answering straight:

As per .exe Installer - User Mode Installation the UiPathStudioSetup.exe file enables you to install a user-mode Studio and a Robot. The installation path is %localappdata%\UiPath and all other advanced options are already configured to help you get Studio up and running right away.

Note: The User Mode installer does not require administrator permissions, meaning that it is installed per user and is limited to the rights that the user has.

Where to find the UiRobot.exe (Application)?

Thanks to @indra as he answered in this post as follows:

Within "%localappdata%\UiPath\app-19.2.0\"

1 Like

UiPath Robot is automatically installed with the free Community Cloud version. However, the application is currently named ‘UiPath.Agent’ in the application installation folder. So search for this name on your computer or C: drive.

very useful information here, it is actually call UiPath Assistant as of 2020, Thanks a lot @Ij-bot

2 Likes

The UiPath Robot is in System since you installed the Studio, when open your studio, press the window key and X key at the same time on your keyboard then click on the search dropdown, there you will see the search field, type into the search field “UiPath Assistant,” that is the new name of the robot pallet, then to set up your Robot in ochestrator go to the academy and watch the video on REframework, the last topic on RPA foundation.

I searched a lot online. Finally find this post. thanks a lot.