When I add the use application/browser I do not get the URL but the following message that I need to enable the UiPath Extension for Chrome before continuing

Hi guys, nice to be part of such an amazing group. I encountered an issue while building a robot ( the simple one unicorn name generator). When I add the use application/browser I do not get the URL but the following message that I need to enable the UiPath Extension for Chrome before continuing. I already did that and still doesn’t work. Can you advice me, what I have to do or maybe what I do wrong? Thank you very much. Enjoying the program very much.

2 Likes

Hi Anca, my 2 cents, check if the Chrome extension is enabled on chrome://extensions/ also try to restart Chrome! Let us know if you still have the issue!

Hi Andreea,
yes the problem is still there. I am local administrator, I have the last version of chrome and extension is enabled. I made some screen shots but I can t upload them here, apparently I am a new user and I don t have permission. Thank you very much

Hi Anca,

I don’t know if this will work for you - since as an administrator you’ll have different permissions (although, I would think you’d have more permissions than us), but recently when tried to paste some screenshots into a post I got a message that I could upload only one as a new user… so instead I pasted multiple screenshots into a Word doc first and took a single screenshot of all of them - then I pasted the single screenshot into the post, and that worked.

Hi Ann,
Here we go, screenshot 1 pasted directly into this post.
Glad if you could help.
Thank you,
Anca

Hi Ann,
Here we go, screenshot 2 pasted directly into this post.
Glad if you could help.
Thank you,
Anca

Hi Ann,
Here we go, screenshot 3 pasted directly into this post.
Glad if you could help.
Thank you,
Anca

Ahhh ok… In a screenshot from another post from Raj, his editor was displaying like yours with Application path instead of the Browser Url.

I noticed in the screenshot you provided for your Chrome settings that you have the option for Allow access to file urls enabled. I have that option disabled… I wonder if this setting is related since it appears it is trying to reference a file instead of Browser URL…

Hi @anca1 - when you indicate the website please make sure that you only indicate the web site like in the screenshot below. This should then “change” form use application to use browser.
At the moment UiPath is starting chrome but not directly navigating to the URL

Do you have multiple Chrome profiles?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Week 1: Build your first Robot