Week 1: Build your first Robot

I’m used UIPath Studio X, so only exist the card APP/WEB Aplication and not exist card Aplication… can anuthing explain that issue or gap ?
Thank´s
Didimo Escobar

type into works also for selecting the birthday month, this is because the HTML <select> element gets activated by the cursor and if you try typing(partial or whole word, in our case the whole word) it will search the options list and select the option to what you typed

3 posts were split to a new topic: Bot ran , but did not put in excel

It was very nice to learn this simple program , it shows us that automation could be very useful and replace boring office tasks

3 posts were split to a new topic: I’m having Could not find the user-interface (UI) error with the last step, namely Get Text ‘DIV’, what could be the reason?

A post was split to a new topic: It’ s good tool. But if l try to fill 3-5 names but it doesn’t work

Great first exercise! Really makes me look at daily tasks to see how I can automate … definitely to generate and distribute reports. I have a feeling there are more possibilities!

1 Like

The Unicorn Name generator was a fun exercise :grinning:
I added more “people” records into the spreadsheet and used the Excel For Each Row action, a ran into a slight snag where if the generated Unicorn Name for a person was longer than the Unicorn name that was initially used as a target, I’d get an error. I got around that error by reducing the Selector Accuracy from the default value of 0.7. Just wondering if there are guidelines for appropriate Selector Accuracy values to use?

Thank you, then it worked fine, but interesting approach you brought up, thank you again

Im feel happy with this course, is amazing!!! It is my first interaction with RPA and I love it! Thanks!!! :smile:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Get Text ‘DIV’ (N Get Text) failed: Could not find the user-interface (UI) element for this action

Oh wow. I thoroughly enjoyed building my first robot. I used that knowledge to copy a Microsoft Form repeatedly (meaning that I learnt to use the Repeat Number of Times activity without/before being taught :grin:).

If StudioX community is this powerful, I am really curious about what Studio itself is capable of. :crossed_fingers:t4:

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: While building my first project >Unicorn Name >> Type into >> Indicate on Excel > Ui Path Studio X crashes automatically - Job stopped with an unexpected exit code: 0xC0000005

A post was split to a new topic: I tried to repeat this for multiple rows, nut unsuccessful. Each time I ran the file, it only returned value for the first row. Could you please advise how you did it?

A post was merged into an existing topic: I tried to repeat this for multiple rows, nut unsuccessful. Each time I ran the file, it only returned value for the first row. Could you please advise how you did it?

Great learning experience during Week 1!

1 Like

HI

1. Comparing weather forecast from diferent site
  2. Geeitng daily update on COVID data for most interesting areas
  3. Looking for daily best prices for something I’d like to buy
1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Why do I get these errors when I’m trying to run my automation in Build your first robot?

Wonderful learning content.

2 Likes