What is the best way to create queue items in SAP Fiori?

Hi there,

I am trying to create queue items of orders that are generated in SAP Fiori. More specifically, I’m trying to put the ‘‘position numbers’’ of each order in the queue item, check if they’re unique (throw a BRE if they’re not, and throw a BRE if no position number has been found), and I would like to filter whether the orders have already been edited or not. I would only like to process the ones that have not been edited.

What’s the best way to go about this? Build a data table with just the ‘‘position number’’ and ‘‘status’’ headers and filter based off of that?

Thanks in advance!

Hello @Acerdins, check this out and let me know what you think!

1. Use Data Scraping: Use the Data Scraping feature in UiPath Studio to extract the order data from SAP Fiori. This will create a DataTable containing the order details, including position numbers.
  2. Remove Duplicates: Use the “Remove Duplicate Rows” activity to remove any duplicate rows based on the “position number” column. This will ensure that each position number is unique.
  3. Check for Missing Position Numbers: Use the “Filter DataTable” activity to filter rows where the “position number” is empty or null. If any rows match this condition, throw a Business Rule Exception using the “Throw” activity to indicate that position numbers are missing.
  4. Check for Edited Orders: If the “status” header indicates whether the orders have been edited or not, you can use the “Filter DataTable” activity to filter rows where the “status” column indicates that the orders have not been edited.
  5. Create Queue Items: Iterate through the filtered DataTable (either with unedited orders or all orders if there is no “status” filter) using a “For Each Row” activity. Within the loop, create queue items for each order, using the “Add Queue Item” activity. Include the relevant data, such as “position number” and other order details, in the queue item.
  6. Handle Exceptions: If any Business Rule Exceptions are thrown during the process (e.g., duplicates or missing position numbers), handle them accordingly in the workflow or in the Exception Handler.

Overall, building a DataTable with just the “position number” and “status” headers and then filtering based on that data is a common and efficient approach to perform such data operations and validations. It allows you to manipulate the data effectively and make decisions based on the required criteria.

Keep in mind that the specific implementation might vary depending on the structure of the data in SAP Fiori and your organization’s specific requirements. It’s important to thoroughly test the automation and handle any exceptional scenarios that may arise during the process.

Thank you so much for your detailed explanation, I appreciate it!

Can you mark my answer as the solution please? Glad I helped!

1 Like

Oops, accidentally marked my own answer as the solution. Corrected it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.