What Is A Good .Net Commands Reference For UiPath?

Hello,

Can someone help me to provide a good .Net commands reference that can be used inside UiPath Studio?
Like in the example tutorial where there is a variable that is set to generate random number.

Thank You for Your help!

3 Likes

Hey @coby.sanders

There are many resources. Google is your buddy for that But according to me you will find a lot of information here.

and the other thing in Uipath Studio you can hit ctrl+space to find out supported function and operations on that particular variable and data.

Thanks& Regards…!!

4 Likes

Thank You @aksh1yadav, I know I can search for it, but I thought that UiPath developers use some specific websites to look for this commands to use inside UiPath Studio. I haven’t worked with .Net applications before so Your link will be a great help for me to start using it in more advanced ways.

There is only one specific thing about using .Net commands in UiPath Studio - you need to import the libraries if they’re something external or not included by default, which will happen if you want functionalities from specialized libraries or you wrote something by yourself.
There are tutorials - 1 & 2 that will help you.

For functionality provided by UiPath libraries, vast majority of it can and should be accessed through their activities, while the rest by invoking methods on objects returned from them.

From the learning/lookup side, at least from my experience, it’s not worth it to learn advanced topics in advance, as you’ll forget things before you use them (this of course doesn’t apply to basics like syntax, statements etc. and general rules like OOP principles).

Sooner or later, when you’ll hit the moment when you’ll need to, learn how to write your own activities from scratch.
From practice I’d recommend to write your custom functions as classes in pure C#/VB.Net/yourlanguageofchoice, then once you have it working in a console app create an activity which uses them (essentially the activity becomes a wrapper for it).
That way you’ll be able to use your new functionality both as separate activities and as part of expressions in other activities, while you’ll also learn how to create proxy activities for 3rd party libraries.

Thinking about it, this part of library integration doesn’t have many tutorials on it, or at least I haven’t seen them…

@Lavinia do you know if there’s a more detailed/practical tutorial on writing new activities from start (new project) to end (imported and used in UiPath) than what I’ve linked? The topic itself is not hard (at least for CodeActivitiy), but it might be nice to have a comprehensive one for it.

Regards,
Andrzej

9 Likes