What are the PowerPoint.exe Input Selector variables?

Does anyone know where I can either get an example of opening PP, or what “app” and “cls” Input Selector attributes I need for PowerPoint?

Trying a simple workflow that starts MS PowerPoint, opens a specified pptx file, and duplicates a slide.
But can’t figure out what the Input Selector variables or arguments should be.

If I try editing the Snippet for “Calculator Automation”, and substitute, I get the following error.

19.1.0+Branch.master.Sha.3db2bfe8751ed76c2c21f7ee16f53ff69a3e3b75

Source: Open application ‘PowerPoint’

Message: is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)

Exception Type: System.BadImageFormatException

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.BadImageFormatException: is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.EndExecute(NativeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.AsyncNativeActivity.BookmarkResumptionCallback(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

1 Like

@mloxton - Please check the sample sequence attached.

This sample code opens the powerpoint.exe with an argument to a ppt file in your system and selects one slide to duplicate and uses hot keys to duplicate the slide. Hope this helps you to proceed.

PowerPoint.xaml (10.8 KB)

1 Like

@mloxton,
Use Start Process activity and mention the .Ink path for power point as shown.

And send hotkey Ctrl+O to open the specified pptx.

1 Like

Thanks.
Tweaking your example to account for local filepaths, it runs and fires up powerpoint, but after ~32 seconds I get an error message

Source: Open ‘POWERPNT.EXE Presentati…’

Exception Type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Selector not found
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.EndExecute(NativeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.AsyncNativeActivity.BookmarkResumptionCallback(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

@mloxton - I tweaked the file I shared yesterday. Please try this and tweak it for your requirement.

PowerPoint.xaml (13.5 KB)

Thanks.
Similar experience, unfortunately.
After ~3 seconds the target PowerPoint file set in Input Arguments is opened, and the ~32 seconds I get an error.

If I open Selector Editor, the Validate tab is red, and if I hover over it, it shows “Current selector is invalid. Fix the selector or indicate a new element.”

I am guessing that the cls attribute is wrong, but have no idea what it should be.
Any thoughts?

Error:

Source: Open ‘POWERPNT.EXE Presentati…’

Exception Type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Selector not found

Using @sreenivasm file:

If you have the Powerpoint presentation that you want it to work currently open.

Open the Select Editor from Properties panel.
It will show Validate as red as you have stated
Click on Indicate Element - this will allow you to select your presentation and the slide you want to copy.
Select the element
Validate should now be ‘green’
Click OK button

I have attached the ppt too. Please use this and check.

Presentation1.zip (21.5 KB)