Week 1: Excel Add in into Studio X issue

Hi All, I am currently on week 1 Build your First Automation Project and when trying to input excel-add in into studio x this comes up-

Please let me know what i can do to move past this.

Thanks in advance!

Sophia

Hi @Sophia_Auteri - can you please check if Excel is properly installed - if yes then please try the “Repair tool for microsoft office” above the extensions.
Make sure to check if you have 32-bit or 64-bit Excel installed by checking “Account” → About Excel:

Hi there,

Thank you for your quick response! I have done all of the above and made sure it had 64-bit and restarted it. Now this just showed up :

Is there anything else I can do to fix this?

Best

Outlook-a21wh5iy.png

Hi Sophia,

this now seems like a rights issue I would call in @dragos.suma if he knows what could be the problem!

Hello, sorry for the late response but I had a few days off :slight_smile: For transparency since @Sophia_Auteri is an internal employee of UiPath we took the discussion on our internal channels and what we found out is that in her case is that Office installation ended up in a inconsistent state. We tried running the repair tool ( embedded within StudioX ) and also a suggested Microsoft repair PowerShell script ( How to troubleshoot orphaned and corrupted Office registry keys - Microsoft Tech Community) but without any luck :frowning: We raised an incident with Microsoft and we are waiting for a resolution from them since we are not the owners of COM :smiley:

Regards,
Dragos.

1 Like