Website automation at website A (numeric capture, calculator) & output to website B

Dear RPA expert out there, i have a deployment request for automation in my company and need some general ideas/advice or functions to be used for setup this project task.

I’m a newbies and just learned to foundation course path.

Thank you very much and appreciate your guidance.

Regards, Edmund Lau

@itfirsttech,

Please find below steps:

1. Scrape data from website A using “Data Scrapping” from UiPath if data have pattern(means table or other rule based structure) or “Screen Scrapping” if there is no pattern and store the data in DataTable.
  2. Use “User Input” activity from getting CustomerID from user and store it in a variable called CustomerID.
  3. Filter data from Datatable using “Datatable Filter” activity.
  4. Type in required data from filtered Datatable using “Type Into” activity on website B.
  5. Use “Click” activity to submit the form on website B

Hi Suresh, thank you for your info, feel glad for your help.

Scrape data from website A using “Data Scrapping” from UiPath if data have pattern (means table or other rule based structure) or “Screen Scrapping” if there is no pattern and store the data in DataTable.

From my point of view, there is a pattern in the system, however, on day to day, the transaction data will be different
e.g today transaction, we have 5 different company transaction to be update at 11.am, once completed, the list in website A will be removed/empty once we copy the data to website B, now we are waiting for next batch of transaction.

Use “User Input” activity from getting CustomerID from user and store it in a variable called CustomerID.
Filter data from Datatable using “Datatable Filter” activity.
Type in required data from filtered Datatable using “Type Into” activity on website B.

Is there any video that i can refer?

Use “Click” activity to submit the form on website B

I believe there a lot of sequence need to be configure to submit the form in website B as well.

Appreciate your input on this.

Regards, Edmund Lau

If data pattern is there you have configure the bot handle empty datatable.
Also if it is coming from a table bot will automatically fetch data from whole table by making selector dynamic. But in case of other patterns and columns are changing you will have to configure Data Extraction XML every time you want to scrape data which is not a big deal.
For User Input Activity check out this video:

To handle all other sequences you can refer web automation videos on youtube or you can directly play with activities present in UiPath such as Click, Type Into, Set Text, Get Text etc.