WEB AUTOMATION TEXT CLICK

Hello everyone!
I running a web automation through EXCEL.
I want to click on a specific text (string) based on the data from Excel.
For instance, for the column “Name” , I want it to find the name on the web page I am trying to automate and click on it.
How to do?
Thanks

1 Like

Trying using Ui Explorer to see if you can use a selector with the variable “name” in it.
Ex.) “<webctrl aaname='”+name+“’ idx=‘1’ parentid=‘banner’ tag=‘A’/ >”

notice how now the select is dynamic on aaname now. This will work, but this is assume that the selectors you are dealing with contain the names too. :grin:

Youssef,

Define the text in Excel as a variable so it is stored dynamically in the memory. Then, with the Web Automation, like @Zach_Dobson mentioned, use the UiExplorer and first get the attributes of the string that you’re wanting to scrape. Once you get the tree, replace the attribute aaname = “acdef” with +yourVariableName+.

1 Like

How to define it as a variable? I don’t get it.
Can we use “Click OCR text” Activity and put the text to click on as "row (“Variable”).ToString.?
Thanks

1 Like

You don’t need to use Click OCR Text unless you’re dealing with Citrix environments or some softwares that don’t have a reliable selector available. In your case, Web automation gives good selectors. So, in your Studio workflow editor find the ‘Variables’ pane at the bootm and define a new variable there with property as String. Give the variable value as whatever “String” you’re wanting to scrape. Then, follow the next step as I mentioned above

This should do it. Let me know if you’re able to do it.

1 Like