How to click the text in web page?

Hi everyone,
I have the initial of the complete text (“FIG. 52-18-21-45A”) which change as per the excel sheet input. now I was to search that text in web page and click on it. I am continously trying through search text and click text but it fails.
I am attaching pic, how the the web page looks . and this list is long in actually
Screenshot (35)

2 Likes

Hey @Krishna_Sanghi,

Instead of going with click text, I will suggest a more reliable method by using selectors.

Identify the selector of a file name and then just append aaname dynamically into the selector retrieved from the excel input.

Use foreach row so that the workflow runs for given number of files, click file using selector on the web page and stops after the final row in excel.

Any more difficulties just let me know.

In fact I sometimes use this action on websites if no useful selector is available:

1 Like

Hi @Krishna_Sanghi,

you can use the Text to search using Type Into activity and to Click on it you can use click activity and make the selectors dynamic.

Cheers
@Krishna_Sanghi

Hi @Krishna_Sanghi

Try this way too

1. Datascrape all the file which as a result include file name and their url (downlaod link)
    in a datatable variable let’s say dt1

2. Loop through each row of dt1 using for each row
    Inside the for each row use if condition with condition row(“filename”).ToString.Contains(“FIG.52-18-21-45A”)

if the condition is true , in then section , use navigate to activitiy to navigate to url corresponding to filename to download the file

Hope it helps

Regards

Nived N :robot:

Happy Automation :relaxed::relaxed::relaxed:

Hi @Pradeep_Shiv

I tried it already sending hot key ctrl+f and then type into and then the desired result gets highlited, but then how to click it??

1 Like

Hi @moenk

Click text activity is failing here

I tried click text after highlitening it, but it is showing error

Not able to do via selectors … how to use aaname and how to add changing file name in selector, can we add variables in selectors??

1 Like

Hi @Krishna_Sanghi did you tried my way of datatscrapping?

okay, Do one thing open ui explorer and click on the element and send us the screenshot we’ll help you on that

@Krishna_Sanghi

1 Like

Just send a snap of UiExplorer by indicating the element - Will try to resolve.

Thanks, Awaiting your response :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @nived didn’t know much about this

Hi @Pradeep_Shiv and @Nithinkrishna

I used some other operation on the site itself and completed. BTW thanks for the efforts

2 Likes