Visual studio Uipath Activity Creator extension, how to include (assembly) a .dll?

Hi,
I used for the first time the Uipath extension to create a custom activity to use an external library. After several attempts I was able to create the package to add to Uipath Studio and it seems to work until starting the project it shows the error that the corresponding assemby is missing.

I tried to add the dependencies using Nuget package explorer and also the .dll file but the error remains.
I only fixed it by moving the dll to the Uipath studio installation folder. Is it possible to include it directly in the custom activity package created, so that you have a quick installation?

Hello @Werve!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
@Forum_Staff

refer this video might this will help you to resolve your query:

It seems to me that this is the previous method to create custom activities before the release of the visual studio extension.
Anyway I’ve already created the custom activity and imported it on Uipath studio and it works if I insert the dll of the library (to which the code I wrote in the custom activity refers) in the Uipath installation folder (not the project).
My question was whether you could omit this step and assemble this external library in the custom activity package so that you only need to move one file.

2 Likes

I currently have the same problem. Is there already a solution for that?

I was subscribed to this thread as I previously had the same issue. I determined it was due to how I was building the nuget package in Visual Studio. It automatically includes the packages and any relevant project files I indicate if I publish the nuget package from the ‘Design’ project and have any relevant dependencies referenced there.
It works way better than editing the nuget too because the dependencies show correctly in Studio too.

JS