Visual Basic or VBA or C#

Hello There,

I have some understanding of vb for excel/word and some c# knowledge. I see most activities/variables have an option of entering"VB Expression", which VB are they referring here? VB.net or VBA, like vb for excel, word, ppt etc.

I know some c# and vb for excel/word. Should I focus on C# or should I learn VB.net?

appreciate your support
Hara

It is VB.Net.
VB.Net and C# are almost same. Just syntax differs.
Anyone will do fine.

Regards,
Karthik Byggari

3 Likes

Hello karthik,

Thanks for your answer. I would also like to know what is more relevant when it comes to UIPath ?

Regards
Hara

1 Like

VB.Net
is more relevant for UiPath.

2 Likes

Hi @Hara_Gopal

Right now its VB.Net but UIPATH team will incorporate the c# .Net in uipath

cheers :smiley:

Happy learning :smiley:

1 Like

Hello Pattyricarte,

Thanks for pointing that out, Yes I did notice that. since I have some understanding of .NET based languages, I wanted to know from the masters where I should put my time as far as UIPath is concerned …any suggestions ?

Cheers!
Hara

1 Like

Hi @Hara_Gopal

Right now they are using vb.net but if you are using .net hope you might enjoy using both languages for uipath.But for me as a.Net Developer i stick with the c# but right now c# is not yet stable in uipath so we need to enjoy vb.net as a langues of uipath.

Hope this might be helpful to you !

3 Likes

Building on this thread, I have completed UIPath certification but looking to gain more knowledge in VB.Net code for expression/data manipulation purposes. Does anyone have any recommendations on best place to learn/practice VB.Net? Thank you.

1 Like

you can check this free trial ! @Nrenaud1

1 Like