VB.net or C#.net

Hi All,

I want to take an advice:

UiPath added support for C# in project, so which language should I choose to use, VB or C#?

Thanks!!!

1 Like

@Rohit_More

It depends upon the project and also Organization CoE practice
If your organization is following the VB.Net then you may have to develop in VB.NET
But you can ask your Project Lead that if you are good at developing C#
At last both are officially recoginzed by UiPath
But from the start of the UiPath VB.Net is the base platform

Hope this may help you

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Rohit_More

Let’s go one by one

Hmm right now we got an option to choose either of these languages and use the functions and methods in them while designing workflow in UiPath studio
And this option can be chosen when you are creating a new PROCESS in the start menu of UiPath studio where we can choose which language to be used
While C# is a upgraded version of vb.net and it includes certain functionalities which are almost similar to vb.net and has some additional methods which aren’t there in vb.net. Well this is in general.
On coming to UiPath I would suggest to go for vb.net as most of functionalities are made on vb.net
So while using the methods or functions from vb.net it would easy for us to cope up with the activities in the UiPath

If you are good in Java it would be very easy for you to know about Vb.net (or even C#)
Yes of course we can use Java codes and python codes in UiPath like we can invoke those codes here in studio and make use of them
For more details on this
Activities - About the Java Activities Package

And finally
Each language has their own importance in its corresponding industry
Like here in UiPath we can say like vb.net and followed by that C# is very compatible
While to take our process designed in UiPath to next level we can use C# language
As individual I have used more INVOKE CODE activity with C#

Hope this would help you

Cheers @Rohit_More

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.