User guide on how to create custom activities package?

Are there any user guide on how to create your own custom activities package for UiPath?
Like just creating “Hello World” function or something like that. I want to create package, but not sure where to start.

1 Like

@Prakitk

2 Likes

Hello!

When I started to developing custom activities I got through those links:

https://channel9.msdn.com/Shows/Workflow-TV/AppFabrictv-How-to-create-a-Custom-Activity-Designer

Hope It helps you as helped me!

Regards,

10 Likes

Thanks. I will check them out :slight_smile:

1 Like

One additional note - designer is not mandatory for code activities. It helps, but for starters might be easier to go without.

2 Likes

Isn’t there something missing? The nuget package builder expects a .dll, but all the WF4 guides compile to .exe.

1 Like

@Tiramisu
Try going to Project Properties > Output Type : “Class Library”.

2 Likes

Here it is a link that explains how to create a custom activity:

6 Likes
4 Likes

Hi

Can you please help me with debugging a class library built in for custom activity in VS itself before i deploy it?
I have set up a console app project to run the same, however struggling to pass CodeActivityContext context to the execute method in runner project.

1 Like

I tried the same method to expose uipath project as activity.its not displaying in activities. can you tell me the steps for exposing uipath project as activity. do i need to expose it as a webservice or change it as a dll in visual studio

1 Like

Hi,

Do you still need help with this?

1 Like

Hi

I am able to create custom activity out of a .net dll and use in UIPath project.
My ask was to expose a UIPath project itself as an activity. THis is to consume a reusable project in another project. I understand we have approach to expose UIpath project as webservice and consume. But I am looking for alternate ways

1 Like

I am looking for same…
Have you got the solution?

1 Like

This was introduced in Studio version 2018.3. You can create a Library project, which you can publish as custom activities. Look here for more info: About Libraries

2 Likes

You can also make use of this VS Item Template which auto generates a code for you. It makes life a lot easier when creating custom activities.

Best regards,

Bruno Costa.

1 Like

Hi,

I have created a custom activity using .net class library project.

Now i have added another activity class in same project and my previous activity is also not working inside uipath.

please guide me for the same.

Thanks,
Madhura

Hi, @Madhura! Please look into this recommended way for building custom activities: Using The Activity Creator

1 Like

you can test your DLL in visual studio itself. Call your dll in any c# project to test and then you can deploy the same.