Use Invoice ML skill in uipath studio

How to use Invoice OOTB ML skill from AI Center in UiPath studio? What all activities we need to use.

Hi @aditi.kumari ,

Could you let us know if your are using the models related to Document Understanding or other models.

If it is for DU, you will have to use all the activities related to DU Document Understanding .

If for any other Ml models you can use the ‘MLSkill’ activity from the UiPath.MLServices.Activities Package.

Hope this Helps.

Regards,
Dhanush

Hey ,

I am using the document understanding model for Invoice. Also, where to find the AI Key in automation suite 2023.4?

Hi @aditi.kumari

In that case you will have to use all the activities related to DU, That is Load Taxonomy,Digitize, Classification, Extraction and finally Exporting.

I suggest you look into DU courses in Academy, please find the documentation link for the same DU Activities

You can find the API Key in the orchestrator, Admin>Licenses>Consumables.

Regards,
Dhanush

@aditi.kumari

You should use public end point for invoice model https://du.uipath.com/ie/invoices/ using Document extraction scope to extract the information from the invoice.

Cheers

My automation suite is organization specific, so I have deployed Invoice package in my automation suite. But I cann’t find the API key.

I do not see any option as consumables in licenses tab.

@aditi.kumari

for automation suite, we dont need to specify the API key since it is considered to be the same tenant. Please try without entering the API key.

Cheers

@aditi.kumari

Please mark the solution if your issue is solved so that it will be helpful for others and we can close the loop of discussion.

Cheers

What input shall I provide for this skill. An invoice, right?

@aditi.kumari

Yes, you should provide the invoice as an input for the digitize document activity which extracts the text from the document. this extracted text needs to be sent as an input to the ML skill in the Extract document scope. you can follow the below tutorial.

Cheers

You are showing the old way to do it.
The new way is much better I think and doesn’t require nearly as much setup, I’d recommend you only show new users the new one using the UiPath.DocumentUnderstanding.Activities package.

Hey, I used the endpoint without using the API key but it is throwing an error, “Bad request”. And I don’t see any option for API Key.

Hi,

Pease check this thread. https://forum.uipath.com/t/unable-to-find-du-api-key-for-on-premise-enterprise-trial/408621/4

You might find it helpful

Thank You @Jon_Smith

Use the new activities, as I suggested, and you don’t need to worry about any new API key stuff.

Hey, I only have Invoice ML skill on my automation suite. This video requires OCR and form extractor ML Skills to make it extract details from the form. How can I use only Invoice ML skill for extract form details?

Hello @aditi.kumari

you need to create the OCR ML skill using UiPathDocumentOCR model in the OOB models and use that ML skill instead of OCR public endpoint. Kindly refer the below link.

Document Understanding - Deploy UiPathDocumentOCR

Cheers

I created OCR ML Package from OOT Document understanding. After that, while creating ML skill of that, It gets failed. What might be the reason here.

@aditi.kumari

Can you provide the error information for the failure. Please click on the failed ML skill and you might find the reason for failure. else check in the ML logs tab.

Cheers