Updated UiPath and now get error "Could not find a part of the path"

Hey AndeiT , we are planning to migrate from 2018.2.3 to 2018.4.X(LTS) in July … what would you suggest we also want to wait and consider 2019.x LTS version which is going to come in october?

Which one should we take ideally - Need your opinion if possible technically supporting info for your decision

Hi @Syed_Pasha

The biggest ‘jump’ happens from any version pre 2018.3, due to the updated way of handling dependencies. From 2018.3, the dependencies are handled per project.

The positive side effect of that is that you can use new activity packages independently of your version of Studio. It is completely possible to use activity packages for the next stable Enterprise edition 2019.4 together with Studio 2018.4 :slight_smile:

I’m sure @andreiT will have more thoughts about it, but feel free to reach out to our documentation (Studio update, Robot update, Orchestrator update) and/or our technical support if needed.

1 Like

Hi @Syed_Pasha, glad you are using our product.

I’m afraid I do not have a definitive answer to you question, but I may be able to give you some insight and that could help your decision
First of all, as you know, any LTS version (like 18.4, 19.x) will have 2 years or product support. This means that if you install 18.4 now, you will still have at least 1.5 years or support.
However, if you think that you can use some functionality from the 19.x LTS release (check out our 2019 roadmap on youtube videos) then it might be worth the wait.
This is totally up to you and your needs.

On a personal note, what I would do is install 18.4 now (after some thorough testing) and run with it until next year, around this time.
After that, you will have the option to update it to 19.x LTS version.
The advantage with this approach is that you will have at least 6 months buffer time from the release data to you updating your system, so any bugs we might have missed would have been found and fixed by that time.
But this is all up to you and your organization ability to switch to a new version of UiPath Robot/Orch/Studio.

Hope this helps,


Thanks A lot for detailed explanation!

Hey AndreiT, one more quick question I am using 2012 R2 server in High Density- i have two robots running and accessing Excel - one process/robot trying to kill the application ? what will be the impact of this action on another robot…
when i tried it my first bot which is trying to kill excel is facing the error?

I’m not sure how that would work. It all depends on how the killing of the Excel process is done.
Are you saying that you get an error when you are trying to kill it with the first bot ? What does the error say ?

1 Like

Yes BOT1 and BOT2 are running in the same server 2012 r2 as High density - Both BOT’s using Excel, after performing its action BOT2 trying to kill excel while Excel is still being accessed by BOT1 - then im getting error in BOT2 as Error while killing the process

I’m not sure why you get an error but it would help if we could see it.
Press the window key > go to event viewer > Windows Logs > Application and see what error is logged there when the robot fails to kill the process.

BTW, I found this library on go.uipath.com. Maybe it can help you achieve what you want



Thanks andreiT will check it

1 Like

It appears that file has to be inside the Workspace. My issue was resolved after placing the file inside the workspace. ‘Get File info’ and ‘Copy File’ needs that.

Why we should deleted it? does possible it re-appear from the cache?