Update ServiceNow Record

I am using UiPath.ServiceNow.Activities and attempting to update records

As you can see from the Test query in the screenshot below, it executes and returns/updates the record as expected.

However, when I select ‘Done’ on the query, it returns the error shown in Studio -
Value for a required activity argument ‘Incident (incident).sys_id’ was not supplied

This is despite it being included in the Test Query

Can somebody please assist as to where I am going wrong.

Many tjhanks

Hi @gary.cobden ,
Thanks for reaching out to UiPath comminity.
Here are few things you need to check in order to get a solution on the problem you are facing.

• Double-check that the ‘Incident (incident).sys_id’ argument is defined in the Properties panel for the activity.
  • Ensure that the value for the ‘Incident (incident).sys_id’ argument is being passed to the activity correctly. You can use a Write Line activity before the Update Record activity to check if the value is being passed correctly.
  • If the value is being passed correctly, try removing the argument from the activity properties and passing it as a variable instead. You can define a variable with the value of ‘Incident (incident).sys_id’ and pass that variable to the activity instead.
  • If the issue persists, please check the version of the UiPath.ServiceNow.Activities package that you are using. It is possible that there may be a bug in the version you are using, and upgrading to a newer version may resolve the issue.

If you find the solution helpful , please mark that as a solution :writing_hand:

Regards,
@pratik.maskar

Hi @pratik.maskar

Thanks for your response.

There does not appear to be anywhere on the Properties panel to enter the Incident(incident).sys_id - please see screenshot - there are only four options - AdditionalFields; DisplayName; Private; and ServiceNowStatus

And I am using the most recent version of the package (1.3.5)

Any guidance appreciated

Thanks

Hi @gary.cobden ,
So you can have this approach,
-Define a string variable to store the ‘Incident (incident).sys_id’ value.
-Pass the variable as a string argument to the Update Record activity.

Regards,
@pratik.maskar

Hi @pratik.maskar

Sorry, but I am really struggling here

I can get the the sysID to pass as a variable, but the Test Query still requires a value in the Sample Value field, and will not accept a variable here. Without a value here it returns Mandatory Field Missing.
It will not accept a variable in the Sample Value column

@gary.cobden

Please fill a value is both the value field and sample…

Add a sample value in sample field or retain what you already have

And also in the value field assign a variable and when running ideally the sys id would be taken from
The variable and not the sample

Then the error should be gone

Hope this helps

Cheers

@gary.cobden

Check below documentation for your reference

https://docs.uipath.com/activities/other/latest/user-guide/servicenow-update-servicenow-record

Hope this may help you

Thanks,
Srini

Thanks @Anil_G

Your suggestion has helped me resolve the issue

If only some of the documentation was clearer!!!

Many thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.