Unable to open project

today morning, I’m not able to open project which were run quite successfully for multiple hours last night,
after checking the exceptions, to fix the error, I were tried to run the project again, but failed.

what can I do not?

I’m attaching the error log.

23.10.3+Branch.support-v23.10.Sha.ceeb2a4c480c2b7a4d12600ae5d39a26b6930830

File content is not valid JSON

Error: System.Exception: File content is not valid JSON
—> Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Invalid property identifier character: <. Path ‘studioVersion’, line 19, position 0.
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseProperty()
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseObject()
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JContainer.ReadContentFrom(JsonReader r, JsonLoadSettings settings)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JContainer.ReadTokenFrom(JsonReader reader, JsonLoadSettings options)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Load(JsonReader reader, JsonLoadSettings settings)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Parse(String json, JsonLoadSettings settings)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Parse(String json)
at UiPath.Project.ProjectData.WorkflowDataUpgrade.GetLatestProjectData(String projectContent)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Project.ProjectData.WorkflowDataUpgrade.GetLatestProjectData(String projectContent)
at UiPath.Project.WorkflowProjectRepository.<>c__DisplayClass10_0.b__0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task1.InnerInvoke() at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) --- End of stack trace from previous location --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread) --- End of stack trace from previous location --- at UiPath.Project.WorkflowProjectRepository.Read(String path, Dictionary2 availablePackages)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.ProjectJsonReader.ReadAsync(String path)
at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.PersistableServiceBase3.GetFactoryByPath(String path) at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.PersistableServiceBase3.ResolveFactory(OpenInformation openInfo)
at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.PersistableServiceBase3.OpenAsync(OpenInformation openInfo) at UiPath.Studio.Core.CommonServices.ProjectServiceBase.OpenAsync(OpenInformation openInfo) at UiPath.Studio.Core.CommonServices.OpenCloseCommandsService.OpenProjectInternal(OpenInformation openInfo) at UiPath.Studio.Core.CommonServices.OpenCloseCommandsService.OpenProjectAsync(OpenInformation openInfo) at UiPath.Studio.Core.CommonServices.OpenCloseCommandsService.OpenFileExecuteAsync(String initialDirectory, IOpenOptions options) at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass282_0.<<OpenAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location --- at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ViewModels.StartPageViewModel.ExecuteCommandAsync(Func1 commandExecute)
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.OpenAsync(Object argument), HResult -2146233088

Hi @mountie

Let try remove .json then open again
Firstly restart Studio

If the first suggestion doesn’t work

try clear these two folders:

C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\UiPath\.cache
C:\Users\"username"\.nuget\packages

feel free to make a backup for both before the clear

Check out this thread for more information:

Regards

Can you refer following thread.

I found reason.
when I open project.json with notepad
the content was not valid json format because of github

edited the project from multiple machines and the file was corrupted but git merge process.

after correcting the project.json file.
my problem solved.

one more lessoned learn.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.