Json just disappeared, Can't open xaml. Invalid File

Everything on my Xaml was working great until I changed a URL, which I suppose may have had some sort of invalid char in it or something? Either way, I am no longer able to open the the script. I’m getting an error message about the Json, so I opened up the Json and there isn’t anything in there. It’s just a blank text file. before this started happening I was getting a message that it was an invalid file. I’m confused, because the only thing I changed, was the URL, and I deleted a couple of click activities, and replaced it with a navigate to activity, with a different URL. Here is the current error message:

18.4.5+Branch.support/v2018.4.Sha.2a53a262e2c1098055c3ecbdabe73d45e0a6dc29

Error reading JObject from JsonReader. Path ‘’, line 0, position 0.

Open Document Error: UiPath.Studio.Contracts.RecoverableException —> UiPath.Studio.Contracts.RecoverableException: The project ‘Y:\Welch\Devs - WORK HERE\hSmith\AprilECF\project.json’ could not be opened: File content is not valid JSON. —> System.Exception: File content is not valid JSON —> Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Error reading JObject from JsonReader. Path ‘’, line 0, position 0.
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Load(JsonReader reader, JsonLoadSettings settings)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Parse(String json, JsonLoadSettings settings)
at UiPath.Project.ProjectData.WorkflowDataUpgrade.GetLatestProjectData(String projectContent, Dictionary2 availablePackages) in D:\a\1\s\Common\UiPath.Project\ProjectData\WorkflowDataUpgrade.cs:line 61 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at UiPath.Project.ProjectData.WorkflowDataUpgrade.GetLatestProjectData(String projectContent, Dictionary2 availablePackages) in D:\a\1\s\Common\UiPath.Project\ProjectData\WorkflowDataUpgrade.cs:line 68
at UiPath.Project.WorkflowProjectRepository.<>c__DisplayClass10_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext() in D:\a\1\s\Common\UiPath.Project\WorkflowProjectRepository.cs:line 135
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Project.WorkflowProjectRepository.d__10.MoveNext() in D:\a\1\s\Common\UiPath.Project\WorkflowProjectRepository.cs:line 131
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.WorkflowProjectModelFactory.d__42.MoveNext() in D:\a\1\s\Studio\UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow\Project\WorkflowProjectModelFactory.cs:line 282
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.WorkflowProjectModelFactory.d__36.MoveNext() in D:\a\1\s\Studio\UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow\Project\WorkflowProjectModelFactory.cs:line 178
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.WorkflowProjectModelFactory.d__44.MoveNext() in D:\a\1\s\Studio\UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow\Project\WorkflowProjectModelFactory.cs:line 317
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Project.WorkflowProjectModelFactory.d__41.MoveNext() in D:\a\1\s\Studio\UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow\Project\WorkflowProjectModelFactory.cs:line 237
at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.PersistableServiceBase3.<OnOpenAsync>d__15.MoveNext() in D:\a\1\s\Studio\UiPath.Studio.Core\CommonServices\PersistableServiceBase.cs:line 0 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.PersistableServiceBase3.d__15.MoveNext() in D:\a\1\s\Studio\UiPath.Studio.Core\CommonServices\PersistableServiceBase.cs:line 198
at UiPath.Studio.Core.CommonServices.ProjectServiceBase.d__38.MoveNext() in D:\a\1\s\Studio\UiPath.Studio.Core\CommonServices\ProjectServiceBase.cs:line 220
at UiPath.Studio.Core.Services.PersistableServiceBase`3.d__8.MoveNext() in D:\a\1\s\Studio\UiPath.Studio.Core\CommonServices\PersistableServiceBase.cs:line 0
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Services.OpenCloseCommandsService.d__17.MoveNext() in D:\a\1\s\Studio\UiPath.Studio.Shell\Services\OpenCloseCommandsService.cs:line 203
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Services.OpenCloseCommandsService.d__17.MoveNext() in D:\a\1\s\Studio\UiPath.Studio.Shell\Services\OpenCloseCommandsService.cs:line 213
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Services.OpenCloseCommandsService.d__14.MoveNext() in D:\a\1\s\Studio\UiPath.Studio.Shell\Services\OpenCloseCommandsService.cs:line 104
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ShellApplication.StudioShellApplication.d__17.MoveNext() in D:\a\1\s\Studio\UiPath.Studio.Shell\App\StudioShellApplication.cs:line 200
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ShellApplication.StudioShellApplication.<b__16_0>d.MoveNext() in D:\a\1\s\Studio\UiPath.Studio.Shell\App\StudioShellApplication.cs:line 183
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.b__6_0(Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler), HResult -2146233088

1 Like

Did you try deleting the .json file so it can be regenerated, or copy one from another project and edit the name/description?

1 Like

I have not tried that. I was thinking about it, but I wasn’t sure. I didn’t want to further create any more problems.

The Json did regenerate, so that’s all good, but now I’m getting this error… And that the document is invalid.

Open Document Error:
UiPath.Studio.Contracts.RecoverableException —> UiPath.Studio.Contracts.RecoverableException:

I am not sure to be honest. Do other xaml files open? If so, copy their .json file to the other project and see if it gets resolved.

If not, then try these suggestions:
Try restarting the Service for UiRobotSvc then try to open the file again. If that doesn’t help, try rebooting machine. If that doesn’t help, try reinstalling UiPath. If that doesn’t help, look through some of the forum posts with the same error message.

If all else fails, try technical support

Regards

2 Likes

@HsDev Try this If you have only one xaml file

1. Create one new project delete the xaml file
  2. Copy the old xaml and paste into the new project folder
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.