Unable to link test case in uipath with test case in xray

Hello,

I have been struggling with this for couple of days now. I have searched the internet, but with no luck, that is why I hope somebody here in this forum can help me.

I am using UiPath only for testing. In the documentation provided by UiPath, it says that there is an integration between test manager and xray in jira. Although I have been following the instructions, I have only been able to connect my strories/test cases in Jira to the Requirements part in Test manager.

Is there somebody who can help me with connecting the test case being executed in test manager with the xray plugin, so that I can see whether the test is passed or failed from jira instead of test manager? Watching the video from Mick Taylor I noticed he says that he is associating a test case in UiPath studio with a test case in xray in jira, but he doesn’t say how. I guess if I figure that out, then my issue will be solved…

I really hope somebody can help me with this issue!!!

Kind regards,
Kate

Hello @e_velkova!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

In case somebody else needs help with this here is the solution to my problem:

1. I had connected a Test from Xray to a Test Case (issue type I have created)
  2. In stead I should have called the issue type Test and connect the Xray Test to my custom issue type Test.
    Then it worked :sunny:

Here is a step by step what to do to make it work:

1. First the jira and xray integration needs to be set up both in test manager and in jira - for that I just followed the guide provided by UiPath
  2. Then you need to have at created a test case in Studio
  3. Then create a test in Xray - remember - it is important that the issue you create is called Test (even if you map it to a custom field from your project set up, it still needs to be mapped to an issue that is called Test)
  4. Make sure that the test issue you created in Jira, is synced with your Test manager and that it is under Test cases menu, and not under Requirements (this was my problem - the issues I created where placed under Requirements, because they were not called Test)
  5. Then you can connect/link the test case you created in studio with the test you created in xray and which is now in your test manager.
  6. Run the test case
  7. Go back to your issue in Xray and refresh the page - voila - the status of your execution is displayed :slight_smile: :sunny:

Regards,
Kate

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.