Unable to clone from the Azure repository

Dear Experts,

I’m connecting Git With UiPath. I’m using GIT with UiPath couple of month, but now When I try to Clone “AZURE Repo”. Getting Unable to clone from the given Repository. Please make sure that the remote is available and try again..

LOG : 15:09:31.8401 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] GIT: UiPath.Studio.Contracts.RecoverableException: Unable to clone from the given repository. Please make sure that the remote is available and try again. —> LibGit2Sharp.LibGit2SharpException: failed to send request: The operation timed out

Can anyone please try to give solution ASAP.

@loginerror Please look on this error.

Thanks,
Arunachalam.

Hi @Arunachalam

Could you copy the entire error?

Also, could you check this solution?

@loginerror,

Thanks for your reply. I have Checked that link already that’s not used for my problem.
Yes, I have copy my entire error.

Thanks,
Arunachalam

It looks like some connection issue. Just to be sure, I would also check the Github site configuration for anything that would block your access.

@loginerror

Can you please check and let me know. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Arunachalam.

@Arunachalam,

Can you make sure your git repository is not empty and contains folders in it? And the repository name and local folder name should be same.

@HareeshMR,

Yes, I have give empty folder location when clone into project but it’s didn’t work.

Thanks,
Arunachalam

Are you sure your git repo is not empty?

@HareeshMR,

Yes I’m sure and am using Git with UiPath couple of months, I have try to use azure repo with my colleague Dev machine it’s showing “Unable to clone from the given repository”

Thanks,
Arunachalam.

Yeah, I understand.

Make sure you have the permissions to clone and push to that repo. First try doing it manually using git bash and if it works, then try with UiPath.

If it is complicated to do all that, try with his/her credentials.

@HareeshMR,

I’m the one who created that azure repository (Administrator). And one more doubt we can clone that repo into Uipath without install Git or Bash software from our machine.

Thanks,
Arunachalam

Yes, we can clone without git as git is to maintain the repo locally without server.

I just asked you to do that to confirm if you are able to do that from your machine. If you are able to do manually, you can do that in UiPath as well. usually we have ssh issues with repo’s. You can search in github forum to solve your question. There may be lot of threads related to this.

or just try in command prompt navigating to your empty folder and the command is

git clone repo URL

@HareeshMR,

Thanks for your response. My Colleague developer machine doesn’t install Git software but we try to connect with uipath, is not working. But when i was tried with my machine is working. what’s the case it’s not working?

Thanks,
Arunachalam

1 Like

Git is something to use the repo locally… actually GitHub repo is a URL which you can connect from any machine if we have proper access. That’s it.

Both git and GitHub are different. May be your colleague doesn’t have proper access…

@HareeshMR,

You meant proper access mean’s Repo Access ? he’s the one of the admin access of that repo.

Thanks,
Arunachalam.

Can you try cloning the repo from command prompt in his machine?

Confirm whether he is able to clone the files to his local

@Arunachalam - are you still having issues? If so, it sounds like it is with the other guy’s machine. Can you post step-by-step details of how he (the machine it is not working on) is trying to clone the repo? There are some things that UIPath doesn’t support and this will help us understand with specifics occuring on his end. i.e., what is clicked in UIPath Studio to clone the repo? What is the repo URL? Check out directory? (Actually a screen shot of the “Clone a remote GIT repository.” box if that pops up would be helpful too.

Try to provide as much info as you can; as sometimes it’s little details that are thought to be insignificant that cause the issue (which is how they can be overlooked)

I have the same issue trying to clone, push or pull from a azure git repo. It works fine if I do it from command line.

1 Like

We are behind a proxy server, but it works fine within VSCode and command line.

@Jean_Snyman,

Yes, I’m Behind the Firewall, But I don’t have GIT on that machine. I will check and let me know. Hope this command line option will work :smiley:

Thanks,
Arunachalam